Dear AUB Students:
The University is looking for a select number of AUB students to assist with events and major happenings during the commencement week between June 12 and June 15, 2013. This is a wonderful opportunity to get an "up close and personal look" at one of AUB's great traditions-and to lend a helping hand to your University as well.
AUB will be hosting two ceremonies as part of its Commencement Exercise. The Honorary Doctorate and Graduate commencement ceremony on Friday, June 14, 2013; and the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, June 15, 2013. AUB will be also awarding honorary doctorates to this year's recipients during the Honorary Doctorate and Graduate commencement ceremony (Friday 14).
We are looking for student volunteers to participate in the planning process and to help during the events between 12 and 15 June by welcoming and guiding guests, assisting with crowd control, and facilitating communications.
All student volunteers must attend the three training sessions on:
- Wednesday, May 29, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Introduction to Commencement Exercise: In this session you will be introduced briefly to the basics of commencement activities, rituals and norms, and general planning. Also, we will discuss the Ring Ceremony program and share with you the details of the event.
- Thursday, May 30, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm - In this session you will learn additional details of this year's plan, expectations, and how tasks will be assigned among students, staff, and faculty members.
- Friday, May 31, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm - On the ground: In this session, we will practice on-site with practice runs to ensure smooth operations and implementation for graduation day.
Kindly, note that you will need to attend all three sessions to be fully knowledgeable of details in order to take part at these events.
In addition to the above three sessions, you will need to attend the following:
- Commencement Rehearsals with the graduating students on Wednesday, June 12, 2013, and Thursday, June 13, 2013 starting 3:30 pm
- Commencement Exercises on June 14 and June 15, 2013 starting 3:00 pm
In short, if you are interested in being a part of this enriching experience, you need to commit on the following days: 12, 13, 14 and 15 June 2013. To be a Commencement facilitator, please click on the link below to register NOT LATER than Monday May 27, 2013:
http://www.aub.edu.lb/~aubforms/volunteers/ (Link only active during June)
Thank you and I look forward to working with you.
Head of Events and Ceremonies
Office of Communications
American University of Beirut
Tel: 00961 1 340460 Ext: 2685