Students may stay in the student dorms on AUB campus or search for accommodation outside the university. Students must indicate their preference when filling out the application for the summer Arabic program. The university will organize free transportation to and from the airport for the students who choose to stay in the AUB dorms or in the AUB off-campus accomodation. Participants who prefer to make alternative arrangements outside the university are not required to pay the accommodation fee. CAMES can provide some limited assistance in finding accommodation off campus.
Students who have made arrangements to stay in AUB accommodation, and arrive between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. will be greeted by the Head Resident upon arrival and will receive their room keys. Students arriving between 5:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M. will have their room keys waiting at the reception with a student monitor or with the night monitor. All residence halls on AUB campus have heating, hot water, washing machines, dryers, irons, web-enabled computers in the lounges and payphones. Rooms are furnished with standard size single beds, desks (with a locking drawer), chairs and closets (with locking doors). Bed sheets and pillowcases are provided but towels are not. Students can receive phone calls through the receptionist but cannot call out from their rooms. All rooms occupied by students in the Summer Arabic program are air-conditioned and have wireless Internet access.
Residence halls on AUB campus are not coed, so women participating in the Summer Arabic program are housed in New Women's Hall and Jewett Hall and in the AUB off-campus accommodation, while men are housed in Penrose Hall.
Check this link for further information about student housing on AUB campus: http://www.aub.edu.lb/sao/housing/Pages/index.aspx
Accommodation on AUB campus:
- $1,328.25 (private; single-occupancy room sharing the floor bathroom) - upon availability
- $939.75 (semi-private; two double-occupancy rooms sharing a bathroom; women only)
- $751.80 (double; double-occupancy room sharing the floor bathroom)
Accommodation off AUB campus - for women only
Please note that the accommodation fee allows you to stay in the AUB dorms beginning two days before the start of the program, and ending two days after the the end of the program. If you wish to arrive earlier or stay longer, you need to check first with the Housing Director if this is possible and for the cost of the extra nights.
- $1,096.20 (double room with its own bathroom and balcony; sharing the floor kitchen)
- $1,817.55 (single room with its own bathroom and balcony; sharing the floor kitchen)
- $2,035.95 (suite for two persons consisting of a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, two balconies and a mini-kitchenette with a counter separating the sink and the living room)