Overview of Competencies and Job Families in AUB
AUB Core Competencies
1. Client Focus: Providing service excellence to internal and external clients.
2. Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all. This may involve listening, interpreting, formulating and delivering information.
3. Initiative: Identifying and dealings with issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
4. Organizational Awareness: Understanding the structure and culture of the organization.
5. Teamwork: Working co-operatively and productively with others to achieve results.
AUB Core Values
1. Personal Integrity: Commitment to openness, honesty and high standards in undertaking one’s role at the University.
2. Accountability: Willingness to take responsibility for action and outcome. Delivering what you promised to deliver. Accepting good and bad outcomes. Owning up to shortcomings/mistakes and taking responsibility for one’s actions. Honoring obligations, expectations and requirements.
3. Respect for Diversity: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability and motivation.
4. Continuous Learning and Development: Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance.
5. Freedom of thought and expression is the freedom of an individual to hold or consider a fact, viewpoint, or thought, regardless of anyone else's view.