- AUB and Hikma to collaborate on developing anticancer drugs from medicinal plants
The American University of Beirut-Nature Conservation Center (AUB-NCC) has established a scientific collaboration with Hikma Pharmaceuticals to pioneer anticancer drugs from medicinal plants.
- The George R. Rais Endowment Architecture Award established at AUB
Retired businessman Michel Rais has made a generous six-figure gift to AUB to establish “The George R. Rais Endowment Architecture Award,” which will be open to third-year architecture students.
- Coca-Cola International President visits AUB and lectures on leadership
Good leadership means creating value for the world around you and turning conflicts and problems into opportunities for growth, the president of Coca-Cola International told an AUB audience.
- Message from President Dorman on student representation to budget commissions
Read the president's message, addressed to students on March 6, 2014, regarding student representation to budget commissions.
- MP Walid Joumblatt donates collection of books by and about Kamal Joumblatt to AUB libraries
The AUB University Libraries now possess a significant collection of books and writings by and about Kamal Joumblatt, (1917-1977), charismatic political leader, thinker, philosopher, and activist, thanks to a donation by his son, MP Walid Joumblatt.
- AUB alumnae are among 100 most powerful Arab women
At least five AUB alumnae have made it to the "100 most powerful Arab women" list compiled by Arabian Business, a Dubai-based English-language weekly magazine.
- AUB study finds equality among sexes where least expected--in shopping
Differences in the shopping habits of Lebanese men and women are much less than expected, a new study from OSB has found.
- Safety & Security Information – March 11, 2014