The Office of Communications is responsible for the development and administration of AUB's website as well as AUB’s social media outlets. In compliance with the new web redesign authorized by the AUBweb Oversight Committee and in coordination with the Office of Information Technology (IT) all AUB departmental websites should use the new web templates.
The AUBweb Oversight Committee
is chaired by the Office of University Advancement/Communications and includes representatives from each of the six faculties and a number of administrative units. The Committee develops and recommends policies related to the website. The Committee has the authority and responsibility (working with the AUBweb Editorial Board) to enforce compliance with published policies and guidelines (currently under revision).
The AUBweb Editorial Board is responsible for the day-to-day management of the website in accordance with AUBweb policies and procedures, design and content guidelines adopted by the AUBweb Oversight Committee. The Board includes the following members: the Vice President for University Advancement, the Associate Vice President for Communications, the Director of Information and Media Relations, the Web Editor, the Graphic Design Manager and the Web Designer. The Board is chaired by the Web Editor. The Board has the right to remove any outdated information or any information that violates university policies and procedures. The Board reserves the right to refuse or to remove links from the website that do not comply with the mission of the University or published AUBweb policies and procedures.
Timeline expected for a departmental website redesign: 15 working days, before being submitted to IT. View the new web templates here.
- The Office of Communications approves all new website before going live in terms of content, structure and design and has the capacity to request edits on all departmental websites.
- The Office of Communications offers web and social media services which include designing html-based email blasts for effective electronic communications, developing web-based animation services, and designing e-newsletters.
- AUB's social media policy provides general guidelines, etiquettes, visual identity and Style Sheet information .
To promote your events, announcements and news:
- To help you promote your events, announcements and news; kindly contact us with your requests for the weekly e-newsletter, AUB's homepage (picture 988x403px), AUB's News website, AUB's social media outlets and AUB's Events website (picture 733x596px).
- To submit an event/announcement, kindly fill in the online form.
- You can also use the digital screens installed on major building entrances on campus, email us your request with the poster of the event resized to 1031x580px with minimal large and clear text.
- Please note that not all announcements can be posted due to posting limits and priorities of events, news and announcements.
Golden rules when using the Content Management System (CMS) SharePoint:
- To preserve the CSS style of the default web templates do not copy & paste from Microsoft Word or any other similar source. Always copy & paste using Notepad.
- When saving a new web page do not use spaces or special characters in the file name. All filenames should be short and straightforward. File names are case sensitive, best practice is to use lowercase when naming your file.
- Do not publish pictures and new websites on your own. Contact us for picture and design requests.
- Use proper English and keep the content short and easy to read. Make sure to follow AUB's Style Sheet. If you need assistance do not hesitate to contact us.
- AUB websites are compatible with the browser Internet Explorer.
- Links to documents should open in a new window.
- Links to websites within AUB should open in the same window.
- Links to websites outside AUB should open in a new window.