Works with other team members on the faculty’s Media, Communications and Branding:
- Develops press-related material and external media relations
- Prepares and communicates faculty news through AUB and FAFS various communication channels
- Prepares FAFS e-newsletter content by coordination with FAFS departments
- Prepares Communication related mass emails
- Prepares FAFS promotional print and digital media material and coordinate with designers and copywriters when needed
- Manages FAFS news and events section on the website
- Updates the Dean’s Office website information as needed
- Manages FAFS social media accounts
- Plans and implements communication related tasks during faculty events
- Prepares design material needed during events (invitations, posters…)
- Coordinates with designers, photographers, AUB Office of Communications and Media Relationship, copywriters, printing press…
- Develops and implements brand and communication initiatives
- Assists in developing promotional and corporate videos
- Creates an archive for the faculty photos, news releases and publications
-Assists in preparing fundraising proposals and messages by coordinating with the office of university advancement.
-Assists in preparing the Dean’s speeches and other communications
-Assists, develops, maintains and updates databases needed for FAFS Communication and fundraising efforts
-Identifies FAFS achievements and newsworthy events to promote them by coordinating with FAFS departments.
- Supports the Communication Team when required and any other duties which may reasonably fall within the scope and range of the job.
N.B. This is a temporary position
- Has a bachelor degree in English literature, journalism, media studies and communication or related fields
- Design knowledge (Adobe illustrator). Knowledge in Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Arabic is a plus)
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Familiar with social media and internet usage
- Familiar with press/media channels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Strong Project management and organizational skills
- Works under pressure and meets deadlines
Applicants should submit curriculum vitae by Friday August 4, 2017 to:
Rola Chidiac: email@example.com
The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences at the American University of Beirut (AUB) invites candidates to apply for the full-time Departmental Research Assistant position. Appointments are for an initial period of one year.
• MSc in Chemistry, Medical Lab, Food Science or Nutrition
• 2-3 years of experience
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic
• Supervise activities at the Nutrition and Food Science Laboratories.
• Assist in preparing food analysis experiments
• Perform laboratory analysis for services and outreach purposes
• Assist and coach students working on research projects and tutorials
• Oversee lab safety procedures
• Follow-up on equipment maintenance, annual service contracts and licenses
• Identify and maintain research equipment and laboratory essentials
• Order and receive lab supplies, consumables, equipment, chemicals, and keeping inventory
• Study and prepare applications for equipment purchase submissions and negotiation letters for the department
• Draft reports on usage of lab equipment
For further information about AUB: Click Here, FAFS: Click Here and NFSC: Click Here.
Interested persons may send their current resume/curriculum vitae and official transcripts to:
Chairperson, Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut, P. O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon.
Deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017
E-Mail: Prof Imad Toufeili (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The American University of Beirut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The home page is available here.