The tuition fee for Colloquial Lebanese Arabic is obligatory and covers classroom instruction, wireless internet access and all field trips. Optional fees include health insurance, accommodation and use of sports facilities. All students attending the program must have health insurance coverage. Students who have an insurance plan that covers them in Lebanon should provide proof of this and sign a health insurance waiver, available at CAMES. Students who are not enrolled in a health insurance plan that covers them in Lebanon are obliged to pay the AUB health insurance fee. Students may choose to live in the student dorms on campus, student accommodation off campus (women only) or look for their own accommodation off campus. The sports facilities fee is also optional.
Students should budget for any additional traveling they anticipate during their stay. They should also budget for the following, which are NOT included in the tuition fees: books, meals and field trips outside Beirut.
FEES FOR SUMMER 2014:
Tuition fees for the colloquial Lebanese Arabic class in summer 2014 are as follows:
Tuition for Colloquial Lebanese Arabic (obligatory): $3,095
Additional fees for optional services include:
- Health Insurance: $165
- Sports Facilities: $60
Accommodation on AUB campus:
- $1,328.25 (private; single-occupancy room sharing the floor bathroom) - upon availability
- $939.75 (semi-private; two double-occupancy rooms sharing a bathroom; women only)
- $751.80 (double; double-occupancy room sharing the floor bathroom)
Accommodation off AUB campus - for women only
- $1,096.20 (double room with its own bathroom and balcony; sharing the floor kitchen)
- $1,817.55 (single room with its own bathroom and balcony; sharing the floor kitchen)
- $2,035.95 (suite for two persons consisting of a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, two balconies and a mini-kitchenette with a counter separating the sink and the living room)
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is also required upon acceptance and will be deducted from each applicant's tuition fees. The full fees are due by May 15, 2014. If the full fees are not paid by May 15, 2014, the applicant may lose his / her place in the program. Accepted students who have not paid their tuition fees may not attend any part of the program, including Orientation Day. Payments can be made by check, cash, or bank transfer. Credit card payments are not accepted. Participants who wish to pay in the USA should mail a check to the AUB New York office, quoting "American University of Beirut / CAMES". Participants who wish to pay in Lebanon may come the CAMES office to get a bill and pay at the Cashier's Office in College Hall, AUB. Participants who wish to pay by bank transfer should email CAMES for details on how to do so.