The Department of Architecture and Design houses several labs and facilities. The set up allows students to have their studio spaces where each student has his/her own drafting table, stool and locker. Design classes are held in these spaces and students typically have a given space for a year.
The department of Architecture and Design has a fully equipped etching lab with its own press and a silkscreen press and lab. Furthermore, the building houses a photography darkroom lab, photography shooting area, a plotter and two photocopy machines for students to use. The Department of Architecture and Design also has two fully equipped Macintosh labs located in the engineering computer labs building [SRB]. The students learn to use the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In design, After effects, Premiere, Flash, Dreamweaver, Director, and Final Cut Pro among others. Finally students have access to the woodshop and metal shop also located in the SRB Engineering building.
Students have their studio space assigned per year, and each student has his/her own drafting table, stool and locker
• Etching lab and etching press
• Silkscreen lab and press
• Photography lab, shooting area and dark room
• Plotter and photocopy machines
• Light tables in studios
Apple Macintosh Computer Labs
AUB is the first Apple Authorized Training Center for education (AATCe) in Lebanon. ARD students are able to get Apple Training in Pro applications and receive Apple certification.
There are 2 Apple Macintosh Labs, housed in the Engineering SRB building, and available to GD students for course instruction , training and use.
- Lab 8 houses 20 i-Macs, for 1st and 2nd year students, for introductory computer graphics courses. The lab has color and black and white printers, a projector and scanners
- Lab 9 houses 20 Mac Pro units, with Advanced programs for Motion graphics, animation and editing. The lab has Printers, A3 and A4 scanners, Wacom tablets and a projector
Wood shop and Metal Shop
Located in the SRB Engineering building, the workshops have facilities for constructing scaled Architectural structures, as well as making anything from wood or metal.