Academic integrity is a key value of education at AUB and it is everyone’s responsibility, whether faculty, staff, or student, to ensure that it is upheld.
Plagiarism is a serious academic offense and it is considered by AUB to be a case of academic misconduct, as stated in the Student Code of Conduct
. As an AUB student, you are held responsible for plagiarism in your work, whether it is intentional or unintentional.
As an AUB student, you are held responsible for plagiarism, whether it is intentional or unintentional, in your work.
|What You Will Find in These Pages
Plagiarism Tutorial and Test
- Because of the seriousness of plagiarism, IT-ACPS has created a test that all students at the AUB are required to complete and pass. The Plagiarism Test was originally developed at the School of Education at Indiana University Bloomington and adapted for AUB by the English Department and Writing Center faculty members. Visit the tutorial page (add hyperlink) to familiarize yourself with the test questions and to learn what plagiarism is and how to avoid it. When you pass the test, a notification will be generated and automatically sent to the Office of the Registrar. It will be saved in your permanent record as evidence that you understand the importance of avoiding plagiarism in your work. There is no penalty for not passing the test: you can take the test as many times as necessary. Failure to pass the Plagiarism Test will result in placing a hold on your registration.
Plagiarism for students and faculty
- The Electronic Plagiarism webpages include a large variety of online resources for faculty members and students on the causes and sources of plagiarism as well as on tools to identify it and strategies to prevent it. With these resources, ACPS intends to contribute to AUB's campus-wide efforts to promote academic integrity in the University
- A collection of credible articles about plagiarism and Turnitin
Turnitin in Moodle
- ACPS has integrated Turnitin directly into Moodle to facilitate plagiarism detection at AUB. This section offers instructions and useful information for both students and faculty
- AUB takes academic copyright very seriously and endeavors to disseminate information about the protection of intellectual property found on the web. This section on the website familiarizes the AUB Community with copyright laws relevant to the web