- Human rights expert Fateh Azzam appointed as first director to lead the Asfari Institute for Civil Society and Citizenship
AUB is pleased to announce the appointment of Fateh Azzam as the first director of the new Asfari Institute for Civil Society and Citizenship.
- IFI-published study: Human rights mechanisms gaining ground in Arab States
Arab states and societies have recently moved on from the view that human rights are a form of Western neo-colonialism, according to Fateh Azzam, the newly-appointed director of the Asfari Institute for Civil Society and Citizenship.
- Jazz talks, stimulates, and paints!
As the guitarist strummed, the artist splattered water or paint on a transparency on an overhead projector, which beamed the image on a large screen in the Charles W. Hostler Student Center Auditorium.
- OSB stakes its place among world's top-accredited business schools
OSB has been re-accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business -- considered the benchmark for business school quality among the academic community.
- Big4 & After competition offers OSB students employment opportunities at leading financial firms
Thirty four teams, made up of four OSB students each, vied against one another, in a special competition, surmounting various physical and mental challenges to win the opportunity of a lifetime: an employment or internship contract at either PwC or EY.
- Safety & Security Information – April 18, 2014
- AUBMC doctors conduct first virtual surgery in the region and third outside the US
For the first time in the Middle East, and only the third time outside the United States, AUBMC surgeons have conducted a procedure, using a new software technology developed by Vipaar that relies on Google glasses, allowing them to transmit what they see to a surgeon in New York, who would tell the surgeons exactly where they should make their incisions, in a two-hour reconstructive surgery on a two-year-old baby with a cleft lip.
The surgery was covered by Reuters and picked up by a number of local and regional news outlets, including LBC, Al-Arabiyya, Sky News Arabia, and Al-Qabas (Kuwait) and others.
- 'Saudi Intelligence Chief Replaced'
Voice of America interviews AUB Professor Hilal Kashan on recent updates in Saudi Arabia.
- 'Public healthcare on the brink'
Executive interviews AUB Professor Fouad Fouad on the healthcare system in Lebanon with influx of Syrian refugees.
- 'Lebanon Rejoins the Arab World'
AUB's IFI Director Rami Khouri writes to Middle East Online on the situation in Lebanon that is likely to remain volatile.
- 'Spring Games 2014 at AUB'
Al Mustaqbal reports on AUB University Sports Spring Big Games 2014 that is taking place during April.
- '... And Fateh Azzam director of the Asfari Institute'
Al Hayat reports that AUB announced the appointment of Fateh Azzam as the first director of the new Asfari Institute for Civil Society and Citizenship.
- 'Naseer Shamma's Iraqi music in Beirut'
Al Akhbar mentions the Iraqi Cultural Club 'A Night From Bab-El,' a musical concert by Naseer Shamma, at AUB's Assembly Hall.