The Application Review Process
1. The Office of Admissions forwards applications for graduate admission to the Dean’s Office no later than one week after the application closing date. The Dean’s Office in turn forwards the applications to the departments/programs within three working days.
2. Decisions on departmental admissions are forwarded by the chair/track convener to the Graduate Studies Committee within three weeks of their receipt from the Dean’s Office.
3. The Faculty Graduate Studies Committee meets in special sessions for admission and recommends to the Dean candidates to be admitted within two weeks of their receipt from the department/program administrations.
4. For the Master’s degree applicants, the Dean’s Office forwards the admission list to the University Office of Admissions within five working days of their receipt from the Graduate Studies Committee.
5. For the PhD degree applicants, the Dean’s Office forwards the admission list to the University Office of Admissions with a copy to the Graduate Council within 5 working days of their receipt from the Graduate Studies Committee.
6. The Office of Admissions prepares and sends the admission packages or denial of admission letters within five days of receiving the admission list from the Dean’s Office.
7. Potential students are given one month of the notification date to decide on accepting admissions and assistantships. Students confirming enrollment to the Office of Admissions are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $300. This deposit is credited to the student account upon registration.
8. When students accept or reject admissions and assistantships, the answers should be sent immediately by the Office of Admissions to the concerned department/program administrators with a copy to deans’ offices to allow program administrators to admit other applicants from its waiting list.