A Research Assistant Position in Agricultural Systems and Digital Technology at FAFS
The Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences at the American University of Beirut invites outstanding candidates to apply for a full-time research assistant position in agricultural systems. The starting date of the appointment is December 2, 2019 (or by negotiation).
- The applicant must hold a graduate degree in agricultural sciences, social sciences (such as economics, development studies, or public policy), digital technologies, or a related field.
- Successful candidates are expected to have broad knowledge of agricultural systems and the process of agricultural transformation.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to conduct literature reviews using online databases and to prepare corresponding reports for publication.
- Excellent verbal and written English-language skills are required. Excellent verbal and written Arabic-language skills are preferred.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- The ability to work both independently and under the guidance of team leaders is required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required.
- Provide academic research support including document review, citation verification, and drafting/proofreading related to the topics of agricultural systems, agricultural transformation, and digital technology.
- Gather relevant information to conduct a preliminary diagnostic analysis of countries’ capacity and potential to use digital technologies in the agricultural sector.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of events including drafting meetings, technical meetings, and ministerial-level meetings.
The appointment is for a period of three months without the possibility of renewal. The salary is within the AUB scale.
To apply, submit your current resume/CV (including relevant professional academic degrees and experiences and the names and addresses of two references), academic transcript, and cover letter (not exceeding 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to participate in an in-person or phone interview.
Deadline: November 19, 2019
Coordinator needed in the Cancer Support Fund - AUBMC
Cancer Support Fund, a Charitable Initiative at the American University of Beirut Medical Center, is seeking a qualified Cancer Support Fund Coordinator.
Cancer Support Fund Coordinator work may involve adult needy patient interaction, office management, media and public relations, promotional activities, social media, accounting, and financial management.
- Graduate of the American University of Beirut, holder of a bachelor's degree
- Proficient in English, French, and Arabic, written and spoken
- Familiar with office managerial skills: email correspondences, official letter templates, …
- Social Media proficient; Facebook, Instagram, tweeter
- Knowledgeable of main marketing pillars and has demonstrated marketing skills
- Communication and Public relations skills
- Dynamic, organized, structured and outcome-oriented.
Preferred: experience in NGOs fundraising activities.
For interested applicants, please submit your CVs on the following email email@example.com.
Research Assistant needed in the Oncology Department - AUBMC
- Health related degree either a B.S., Masters or MPH
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of AUB research regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Good administrative, reporting, research and organization skills.
Please send in a recent copy of your CV by November 18, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org