The Salim El-Hoss Bioethics and Professionalism Program at AUBMC is pleased to invite applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Bioethics. We are looking for a qualified postdoctoral applicant to begin this one-year fellowship in September 2019 (ending May 31st, 2020). Applicants with at least some exposure to Bioethics during their education are encouraged to apply. This admissions process is highly competitive, and only a ONE applicant is accepted into the program each year.
SHBPP Bioethics Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a broad range of benefits and activities including:
- Seminars, presentations and discussions with leading academic and policy makers;
- Individualized research program;
- Bioethics coursework;
- Postdoctoral mentoring in bioethics;
- Professional development training;
- Participation in the SHBPP's outreach efforts via social media;
- Educational and teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background);
- A stipend (with HR depending on CV).
- Terminal post-graduate degrees (MD, JD, PhD) in medicine, philosophy, nursing, social work, religious studies, law, or other fields related to the practice of clinical and academic bioethics.
- Must demonstrate readiness to learn and contribute to the ethics of care delivered within an academic medical center
- Must have initiative, commitment and a strong work ethic
- Must be proactive, with leadership skills and have an energetic problem-solving approach
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (both written and verbal)
- Superior cmmunication and organization skills
To apply, please submit the following documents via email to SHBPP Program Coordinator Ms. Diana Mikati (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cover Letter
- Personal statement ((1,000 word limit) describing the applicant's interest in the program and what the applicant hopes to achieve from the program.)
- A current curriculum vitae including education and/or activities pertaining to bioethics.
- Copy of Graduate Transcript(s)
- A published or unpublished writing sample for which the candidate is the sole or lead author.
- Three letters of reference from persons who know the applicant well and who can comment on the candidate's qualifications and suitability for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Letters should be submitted directly to Dr. Thalia Arawi (email@example.com).
The Salim El-Hoss Bioethics and Professionalism Program (SHBPP) at the American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine (AUB FM) is an interdisciplinary resource for faculty, students, healthcare providers and policy makers who are involved in bioethics education, research, and consultation in Lebanon and the region. It is the first targeted initiative in the Arab World that seeks to educate, research, and champion issues related to professionalism, medical humanism and bioethics.
For more information about the Salim El-Hoss Bioethics and Professionalism Program, please visit our webpage at
: August 9, 2019
Full-time Research Assistant Position available in Data Management for a period of six months
In building on the work of the KIP Project the
Suliman S. Olayan School of Business (OSB) at the American University of Beirut is inviting applications to a Data Management Research Assistant position to start as soon as possible in a full-time position for a period of six months
The hire person will be responsible for receiving, cleaning and storing different types of data to be shared by country partners and the larger research team. This person will be responsible for a series of duties including:
- Creating and maintaining a compilation of documents (word, pdf, etc)
- Creating and managing a searchable database of documents
- Setting and enforcing standards and controls of data cleaning and entry.
- Determining data storage and data management structural requirements by working with research team ad country partners
- Developing database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving problems; evaluating, integrating, and installing new data sources and types; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Experience in Database Design, Data Maintenance, , Database Management is a plus
- Data management skills;
- Excellent Qualitative research skills with specific experience in systematic review;
- Fluency in English and Arabic are minimum requirements;
Send your CV, cover letter, and three names of references to Ms. Olfat Khattar at
Application deadline: July 20, 2019
Full-time Research Assistant Position available at the Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture- Dean’s Office
The Dean’s Office at MSFEA is seeking a highly motivated candidate to assist the Dean and Dean’s team in the daily administrative and secretarial duties with utmost confidentiality of all information and tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from a reputable university or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in administration preferably within academic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Good familiarity with commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
- Assists the Dean’s Executive Assistant in carrying out various daily and routine secretarial and clerical duties in the Dean’s Office, includes answering telephone calls, typing and printing from computer, maintaining appointment diary, dispatching and distributing outgoing and incoming on time.
- Coordinates a variety of automation activities, includes using scanner for entry of documents directly to a computer. Merges information, extract reports as required and effectively maintains appropriate files to ensure prompt retrieval of needed data.
- Handles and processes orders for purchase of supplies and equipment for the Dean’s Office.
- Processes all I-Procurement requisitions related to all purchases and services for the Dean’s Office.
- Maintains and updates Dean’s Office brochures, newsletter and bulletin board. Coordinates for printing materials and reports.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, committee minutes, letters, forms and related materials for various academic activities promptly as requested to be presented to the Dean for approval.
- Provides secretarial service to the Dean, includes preparing of reports in draft form. Collects, compiles and analyzes information on a variety of issues related to the academic programs and prepares reports including statistical and narrative reports as requested and without any delay.
- Assist the Dean’s Executive Assistant in preparing for all MSFEA events and being available at all times during the event.
- Handles all delegated tasks as requested by the Dean, Dean’s team and Executive Assistant in all delegated tasks.
Deadline: July 19, 2019
Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter, and their full contact information, in one PDF document to Ms. Magguie Chammas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Zeina Chamoun (email@example.com) with the email subject “MSFEA-DO Research Assistant Position”
Vacancy for frontline employee in Graduate Programs Office
Generate positive atmosphere and experience for all initial contacts. May act as first point of contact for all inquiries relating to graduate programs .
Assist applicants ( Phone or emails ) by providing general information regarding graduate programs information, admission requirements, applications forms, financial aid , deadlines and other functions related to graduate programs .
Schedule immediate follow-up for prospective students and direct them to the appropriate channel
Customizing the “Salesforce" environment to maximize the recruitment cycle for all graduate programs.
Schedule interview appointment for applicants during the admission process
Provide assistance to applicants in filling out the online admission application
Provide general assistance to students, program directors/coordinators and faculty members.
Maintains data entry requirements in the databases of graduate programs. ( Student Information System, exit reports, evaluations etc…)
Coordinates all aspects of logistics related to the MBA recruitment and program preparation under the supervision of the MBA program Director and Graduate Program Director (including coordinating of instructors/participants requirements, materials preparation...etc.)
Manages program leads and has a proactive approach of contacting and following up on potential recruits and reports to the MBA program Director
Updates and administers MBA program website and social media channels to reflect up to date information on schedules, activities, and developments
Manages MBA program information in a centralized accessible location
Collects and develops data related to the MBA program, including related surveys, benchmarking activities, marketing campaigns, program marketing content, etc.
Maintains MBA master calendar of activities and program schedules
Assists the MBA Director in all other program related activities such as outreach programs and external activities
Interested candidates may send CV to Layan Sarkis
firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24, 2019.
Part-time Research Assistant - Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery at AUBMC is seeking candidates for a part-time Research Assistant position.
The position involves the coordination of ongoing research projects, writing of research proposals and progress reports and reviews, in addition to conducting data collection, data entry, and analysis.
Starting date: August 1, 2019
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology.
- Relevant experience in the conduct of clinical research studies
- Proficiency in use of Excel, Word, Power Point and statistical package.
- Excellent knowledge of and writing skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic is desired.
Interested candidates may send an email with current resume and curriculum vitae under subject “Surgery2019-PT2” to
by July 23, 2019.
Full-time Research Fellow / Research Assistant - Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery at AUBMC is seeking candidates for a full-time Research Fellow/Research Assistant position.
The position involves writing of research proposals and progress reports and reviews, in addition to conducting data collection, data entry, and analysis for different ongoing or new research projects.
Starting date: As soon as pre-employment papers are processed, for a duration of 1 year (subject to renewal upon availability of funds).
MD or Master's Degree in health or social sciences or a relevant field.
Previous experience in research work.
Proficiency in use of Excel, Word, Power Point and statistical package.
Excellent knowledge of and writing skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic is desired.
Interested candidates may send an email with current resume and curriculum vitae under subject “Surgery2019-ES” to email@example.com by July 22, 2019.
Vacancy for Research Coordinator in the department of Family Medicine
The research coordinator job is to assist the faculty to increase their research productivity.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Analyzes data
2. Conducts literature reviews
3. Assists in preparation of manuscripts, IRB proposals and grants
4. Meets regularly with the concerned faculty
5. Seeks grant opportunities
6. Assists in data collection if she/he was the assigned research assistant for a certain grant.
7. Supervises family medicine graduates working on the research project keeping records of the deadlines for the various research project milestones
8. Assists with training workshops and educational activities to disseminate research skills among the faculty and residents.
MPH or MS of science in epidemiology or PHD in biostatistics
At least 3 years of experience in working with research team. Having publications is desirable.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Working knowledge: principles of scientific research and responsible research conduct
Comprehensive knowledge: statistical analysis
General Knowledge: writing proposals
Specific skills: good communication; attention to details; critical thinking and self learner
Working Conditions: mostly office work; working hours 9 AM till 2 PM
Salary: 1500$ per month
Commitment of at least three years is recommended
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.