Research Assistant - Oncology Quality
Primarily responsible for quality indicators and clinical outcome indicators at the Naef K Basile Cancer Institute as well as continuous improvement in terms of compliance. The role encompasses accountability for clinical, educational, quality, and fiscal patient care outcomes, using the PCC principles and in accordance with established institution's policies, procedures, guidelines,
Participate in quality initiatives and quality improvement activities for improving the unit standards of quality provided. Implement and maintain quality monitoring and analysis of processes that support the Performance Improvement Plan for the Naef K. Basile Cancer Institute. Review, analyze, and audit the patient's medical records. Assure conformity with national/international regulatory/accreditation standards.
Support the mission and vision of the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC).
Knowledge of Oncology Nursing.
Knowledge of chemotherapy medications and treatments.
Familiarity with JCI requirements and Magnet standards.
Knowledge of principles and practices in the health care field with emphasis on quality and performance management.
Proficient in statistical analysis.
Knowledge of professional theories in quality, practices, and procedures .
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Nursing or related field.
Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) is a plus.
Minimum Experience: 2 years of experience.
Minimum Languages: Arabic and English (IET >/= 500)
Preferred Languages: French is an asset.
Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
Quality Management Duties:
· Establish and develop Quality Indicators with benchmarking for cancer patients' care at the NKBCI.
· Coordinate the Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) process of the NKBCI.
· Coordinate with the NKBCI Clinical Services, the review, and update of the NKBCI clinical care guidelines and pathways as new data on cancer therapy and management become available.
· Coordinate JCI accreditation in Oncology
· Generate clinical outcome analysis for the various types of cancers treated at the Institute.
· Coordinate with the quality officer of the Department of Internal Medicine regarding Performance Improvement projects.
· Prepare data collection sheets and collect relevant data.
· Compile statistical data and write narrative reports summarizing quality improvement findings.
· Maintain a database and performance improvement documentation for review, analysis, process, and outcome monitoring.
Applicants must their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Research Assistant needed at OSB - University Research Board (URB)
Starting date: August 1, 2020
OSB is seeking to recruit a full-time Research Assistant (RA) that will work on a research project focusing on women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and related career ecosystems.
Research Assistant Responsibilities:
The research assistant will have an important role to play in the successful completion of various studies through a variety of activities that are listed, but not restricted to those, below:
- Conduct desktop research and literature reviews related to the project;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all project-related activities including fieldwork, research interviews, and consultation meetings;
- Work on data entry, including interview transcription in a timely manner;
- Assist the research team in qualitative data analysis;
- Contribute to the writing of project-related papers and reports;
- Assist the principle investigator with administrative support when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, psychology, sociology, or a relevant field. Master's degree is an asset.
- Research experience (i.e. data collection, data analysis, report writing) is required.
- Experience using Nvivo or other qualitative analysis software is desired.
- Excellent command of English is a must;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently.
How to Submit
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references with full contact information to Dr. Yasmeen Makarem on email@example.com no later than July 15th, 2020, with the subject, “Research Assistant – Dr. Yasmeen Makarem".
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.