The aim of the award is to recognize the effort of the USP scholars who demonstrate commitment to enact positive change within their respective communities while maintaining an outstanding academic performance. This commitment is manifested through the rendered services to the communities, the impact exhibited and its related innovation while fulfilling the USAID-USP civic engagement requirements (volunteerism, internship, and community service projects).
Applicants must be:
- USP students in their final academic year.
- USP students who demonstrate records of academic excellence with a cumulative average of 80% or above.
- USP students who have attended all their leadership training workshops.
- USP students who have completed the internship and community service components at the time of the application.
- USP students who actively engaged and are still actively engaged in volunteering activities at the time of the application.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following:
- Leadership excellence - 50%; demonstrated through:
- Commitment and Dedication - 30%: USP students will be evaluated upon their commitment in fulfilling the USAID civic engagement requirements, meeting deadlines, setting up action plans and achieving objectives.
- Service to communities - 10%: USP students will be evaluated on the potential of their community service projects to serve the needs of the targeted community.
- Innovation - 10%: USP students will be evaluated on the innovation and creativity of their project idea.
- Academic Excellence - 50%; demonstrated through:
- A cumulative average of 80% or above.
USP students in their final academic year who meet the selection criteria listed above and are interested in applying must complete an online application that can be accessed through the link online form
The application form includes:
- The Civic Engagement Experience Component: applicants elaborate on their engagement through volunteering, internships and community service projects while explaining in detail their community service project vision.
- A Reference from a Community Partner or NGO: the reference can be an Internship Supervisor or Staff from the NGO where volunteering has been completed. The reference must submit a recommendation letter sent via email to the CCECS designated staff. Reference will be contacted for further feedback on the shortlisted applicant’s performance.
- Proof of Academic Excellence: applicants attach to their online application a copy of their transcript of records.
If you are interested, please make sure to complete the application and submit all the required documents by April 30, 2022.
Final Selection Process
After the deadline, online applications are shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates are then invited to a 15-20-minute interview with a jury composed of the USP-HES Awards Provost Designee, USP-HES Director, CCECS Director and two AUB Faculty members involved in community initiatives. Shortlisted candidates explain to the jury members their community engagement experience and propose a vision for a community service project.
1st Prize: Sponsorship of a Professional Training, a one-week course/workshop outside Lebanon identified by the selected 1st prize winner and verified by USP Management team. The workshop must be in line with Lebanon/USAID laws/guidelines and in line with the IDP and career path of the 1st prize winner.
2nd Prize: Sponsorship of a Professional Training one-week course/workshop in Lebanon identified by the selected 2ndprize winner and verified by USP Management team. The workshop must be in line with Lebanon/USAID laws/guidelines and in line with the IDP and career path of the 2nd prize winner.
3rd Prize: Sponsorship of graduate studies preparation course and exam (GMAT, GRE) identified by the selected 3rdprize winner and verified by USP Management team.
The results of the Award will be announced in June 2022.
Please regularly verify the updates on the USP and CCECS websites and through your email to engage in this Excellence Award.
If you meet its selection criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.