Last edited October, 2016
The mission of the Acquisitions Department is to acquire monographic print and audiovisual materials from the most efficient sources and make them accessible to AUB faculty members, students, and administrative offices to support their educational and research activities. The Department’s Accounting Section processes all expenditures of monographic and serials items, customs, transport, and binding and ensures accuracy of payment.
Objectives and Functions
- Order requested items from library designated dealers keeping within the library preset budget.
- Ensure timely receipt of ordered materials.
- Ensure compliance between ordered and received materials.
- Claim non-received items.
- Audit suppliers’ invoices before processing them for payment.
- Solve invoicing and other payment problems with library dealers.