Last edited October, 2016
The aim of the Access Services Department is to facilitate user access to local and remotely held resources through the circulation of materials, borrowing policies, renewing books, course reserves, interlibrary loan, document delivery, shelving and shelf maintenance, carrel
distribution, and visitor registration.
Objectives and Functions
- Provide optimal access to the collection while ensuring its security.
- Promptly and accurately charge and discharge circulating materials.
- Maintain accurate records of patrons, reserve collection records, and items in circulation while protecting the privacy of all patron information.
- Properly charge fines and fees.
- Maintain a course reserve service responsive to the needs of faculty and students.
- Provide document delivery and interlibrary loan services in the most economical and efficient way.
- Facilitate user registration services to visitors and AUB alumni.
- Maintain accurate statistics of library use.
- Provide basic directional information to library patrons.