Last edited October, 2016
The Cataloging Department supports the University Library’s mission by processing library materials in all formats in most efficient and effective ways, facilitating the discovery and delivery of the UL information sources to the University community in support of research, teaching and learning needs.
- Catalogs and classifies library materials in accordance with international, regional, and national standards.
- Maintains bibliographic and authority records to ensure quick and efficient retrieval of information.
- Provides metadata for Arabic digitized periodicals to be included in the Digital Institutional Repository.
- Provides metadata services and consultation for digital projects.
- Works on bibliographic data mapping and migration from the library systems format to digital repositories and Content Management Systems.
- Works with other departments in the Libraries to provide guidance for cataloging, metadata creation and EAD encoding.
- Provides visibility for AUB library catalog records at the International Union Catalogs.