Last edited October, 2016
The Research and Instruction Services Department aims to develop and deliver dynamic services and programs devoted to strengthen the Libraries’ role in teaching, learning and research at the University. Operations in the department include physical and virtual reference services, research consultations, library instruction services and reference collection development and maintenance.
Objectives and Functions
- Develop and provide user education program consisting of, orientation sessions, library instruction, information literacy classes, research guides, brochures and tutorials.
- Provide research services ranging from answering quick questions to giving one-on-one research help and instruction on using a library research tool.
- Provide user services in person and online in writing and through chat for long opening hours.
- Develop and coordinate a library outreach program aiming to promote library sources and services and to open the conversation with library users and constituency.
- Develop, organize, maintain and serve a high quality, dynamic, and well- balanced reference collection.
- Assess research and instruction services regularly, introduce change and improvements accordingly.