The session, led by Rachel Berrington, MLIS, Director, IEEE Client Services, will provide guidance on everything from how the IEEE publishing process works to submitting a manuscript and time-saving search techniques for finding technology content.
Date: February 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM
Location: Munib & Angela Masri Center-ELH (American University of Beirut)
- Strategies to select an appropriate IEEE periodical or conference.
- How successful IEEE authors structure quality work to improve their chances of being accepted.
- Insights into what editors look for in a submission and why editors and reviewers reject papers.
- Tools & resources to help authors through the publishing process including IEEE's AuthorLab, Publication Recommender, Graphics Checker, and Reference Preparation Assistance.
- Strategies for using IEEE Xplore effectively for a literature review.
Established in 1996, ACTS has become the preferred third-party provider for geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and is the local sponsoring group of ACI for its certification programs in the Middle East and Africa. ACTS is the recognized representative of IHS, ASTM, BSI, IEEE and many other global standards development organizations.
IEEE, an association dedicated to advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity, is the world's largest technical professional society. It is designed to serve professionals involved in all aspects of the electrical, electronic, and computing fields and related areas of science and technology that underlie modern civilization.