Hundreds of AUB students enjoyed a day of competitions that were both, fun and challenging on Thursday September 28 during the “Library Open Day 2017: Library Comic Con”.
The event was packed with fun competitions, helping students learn about the library services and meet library staff. The Comic Con also featured an exhibit of comics and other valuable material from the Archives and Special Collections of the AUB University Libraries, in addition to collectables and special edition items from the Library staff’s personal collections.
The Exhibit will be on display in the Lobby at Jafet Library until Friday October 6th, so pass by and have a look if you can.
Students and Library staff had fun using the geeky props and took so many pictures as souvenirs of this memorable event. Pictures speak for themselves…so please visit our social media channels for more: Facebook
) Here is the Facebook Photo Album
. Feel free to tag your friends/colleagues and share!
The prizes this year included 2 iPads, 1 tablet, 1 Apple watch, 5 BLOM Shabeb Prepaid cards worth $200 each, collectible items related to the theme, in addition to more than 100 books and vouchers offering free trips inside Lebanon. More than 1,500 giveaway material, coffee, and snacks were also distributed.
All this is thanks to the generosity of our sponsors:
- Main Sponsors: Levant Distributors, Techknowledge, EBSCO, Elsevier, Thomson Reuters, Emerald Publishing, Proquest, Brill, Gale, BLOM Shabeb, Giftmania, Footprints Nature Club, Benetton.
- Special Thanks to: Springer, World Scientific, Dunkin Donuts, AUB Cafeteria, Advanced Construction Technology Services, De Gruyter, Cambridge, Five Stars Tours, Oxford University Press, Sage, Touchè Chocolate. Abou Naji (Epi D’or).
Our games this year were as geeky as our theme:
- The Riddler: Use augmented reality via your smart phone to solve the Riddler’s challenges scattered all over Jafet . . .
- Test your X-Ray Vision: While blind-folded, identify items in the mystery box using your bare hands . . . was that Kryptonite you just touched?!
- Geek Jeopardy: The good old Jeopardy game, with an evil-genius Librarian’s twist…
- Guardians of the Library: Save the books from the infinite shelves of the Library stacks. Take a book home with you.
- Heroes Strike a Pose: Dress up as your favorite superhero or use the props at the Library, follow the UL Libraries on Instagram.
- Quick like the Flash: Test your visual memory. Can you spot small details in 15 seconds or less?
We are genuinely grateful to all our sponsors who made this happen and to all of those who attended the event. We look forward to see you all in next year’s Open Day and in other upcoming University Libraries events.