The University Libraries will open their reading areas starting December 21, until further notice.
Opening hours are from Monday to Friday:
- Jafet Library: 7:30 am till 7:00 pm
- Science and Agriculture: 7:30 am till 4:00 pm
- Architecture and Engineering: 7:30 am till 4:00 pm
To access the campus and the library, please make sure to:
1- Reserve a timeslot using the AUB reservation system.
2- Fill out this library form, to reserve your time slot, letting us know the selected date, time slot, and preferred reading area.
The Library will be strictly abiding by the below COVID-19 safety measures as decided by the AUB management and the COVID-19 Committee.
- Your student ID should be with you at all times.
- Wearing a face mask is obligatory.
- The seating plan is prepared in accordance with physical distancing rules, where a distance of at least 2 meters is between one user and another. When the seats are full, no more users are allowed to enter for any reason. PLEASE SIT IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- When entering the library, you are requested to disinfect your hands well.
- Disinfect your seat and desk before and after each use (kindly bring your own disinfectant wipes to use).
- The computer lab and stacks are closed; no one can enter these areas. You can bring your own laptop with you.
- Printing scanning and photocopying machines are disabled.
- Avoid physical contact with others (no shaking hands or embracing).
- Gathering in all areas is prohibited.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue and dispose of it immediately (or into elbow if necessary).
- Take care with frequently touched surfaces and wash or sanitize hands immediately after touching them.
- If you experience any of COVID symptoms, please report immediately to the library staff in the area you're studying in and leave the library directly afterward.
- If you test COVID positive, you are required to inform the library staff so the appropriate measures can be taken to minimize the spread of the virus.
To protect yourself, your colleagues, and everyone in the Library, kindly respect and abide by the above rules. If you fail to do so, library staff will ask you to leave the building and the incident will be reported to the Protection Office and/or Student Affairs as necessary.
For more information, refer to the FAQs that were developed by the Expert Committee: https://www.aub.edu.lb/emergency/Pages/covid19-faq.aspx
It is very important for all to remember not to come to campus if they are sick.
We look forward to having you back. Please help us keep a well-organized, clean, safe, and healthy environment.
Please check the library's social media channels for details and updates (@AUBLibraries).
For more information, kindly contact Jafet Reference Desk via email@example.com, ext. 2620.