Borrowing and Loan Period
Active AUB faculty, and staff need a valid AUB ID
to borrow library materials. Others please check services for Alumni
To keep your library record clear, always check your e-mail for notices from the library.
You are responsible for returning borrowed items to the library on or before due date or time.
You are responsible for renewing your materials on or before their due date or time. You can renew borrowed items twice online, or in person at the Circulation Desk in all libraries, after clearing any outstanding fines and overdue items.
You may check your list of borrowed items and their due date or time under My Account
in the Library Catalog.
For Online Renewal
go to My Account
and enter your AUBNett account and password (email account/password).
Items may be renewed online twice ONLY if no one else has reserved them. If you have any problem in renewing your items, contact the Circulation Desk at ext. 2618 or send an email to email@example.com.
: 1$ per item per day and must be paid at the AUB cashier’s office. Kindly note that the library does not accept any other type of payment.
The Library will send an email courtesy notice one week before the due date. For any overdue item(s) you will receive the first email notice on the day of the overdue. Library will send up to three overdue notices.
- If the item is not returned within two days of the overdue date, fines will start accumulating until the item is returned.
- If the item is not returned, you may not borrow or renew until your record is cleared.
- If the item is not returned after you receive the three overdue notices, the item will be considered lost and you will be charged the cost of that item. Cost will be deducted from your salary (Faculty and Staff), or added to your statement of fees (Student).
For any unpaid fine, you will receive up to three email notices from the library until fines are paid. After the three notices, if fines are not paid, they:
- will be added to your Statement of Fees (Student).
- will be deducted from your salary at the end of the month (Staff).
If you have unpaid fines, you may not register until your record is cleared.
Lost or damaged items
Lost items must be reported to the Circulation Desk or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost books: replacement charges are determined according to the price of the item, plus shipping, processing, and binding fees.
- Damaged items: to cut, tear, mark or write on library materials is strictly forbidden. Users caught doing so will be charged accordingly and may risk losing their borrowing privileges.
- Any loan may be recalled after two weeks if another borrower reserved the item.
- Any loan of any duration and of any borrower may be recalled immediately if the faculty member has requested to place the item on reserve for a class.
- When a library material is recalled, a recall notice will automatically be sent to the borrower’s AUB email informing him/her that the material is needed by another borrower and asking him/her to return it within one week.
- Failure to return a recalled item within the seven days period will incur a fine of $1 per item per day (faculty exempted), and the patron will be blocked from borrowing until the item is returned.