Before heading to the library, users can contact the Reference Desk at Jafet Library by phone on extensions 2620/1/9 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
. To get to Jafet Library:
- From the AUB Medical Gate, move in the direction of College Hall.
Jafet Library is located behind College Hall— which is the building facing the AUB Main Gate. Use the ground level main entrance. The ground level includes the Circulation Desk, the Research and Instruction Services Office, the Reference Desk, the Reference Reading Room, the Microfilm Reading Room, the Computer Lab, and several administrative offices. The ground level also includes two elevators: one that provides users with access to the Reserve Reading Room, Electronic Classroom, and the Restrooms, whereas the other provides access to the Library stacks, the Archives and Special Collections Department, and the Serials Department.
- Users who have difficulty getting materials from the Library stacks may request assistance at the Circulation Desk at Jafet Library, ext. 2618/9, or email@example.com.
- Users with special needs can designate another person to borrow materials or order articles and books for them, by completing a Designated Borrower form online or at the Circulation Desk at Jafet Library, ext. 2618/9, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study desks are reserved in the Library for students with special needs. For more information, please contact the Reference Desk at Jafet Library, ext. 2620/1, or email@example.com.
Engineering & Architecture Library
Before heading to the library, users can contact the Library by phone on extensions 2630/3 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library is located on the second floor of the Bechtel Building (lower campus). The Library includes the public services desk, the computer lab, and the reading rooms, as well as the book stacks. To get to the Engineering & Architecture Library:
Note: This library is in a temporary location and our new location will be more accessible.
- From upper campus: take the back stairs of the Jafet Library Building, the Bechtel Building main entrance will be facing you. Go one level down using the stairs or the elevator.
From Ain el Mreisseh (Corniche) side: enter through the Sea Gate (between Hostler Center and the Olayan School of Business), go straight up the road and then turn left to the main entrance of the Bechtel Building.
Kindly note that for people who use wheelchairs, the best way to reach the Library is to take the road used by the campus bus; i.e., pass by the Physical Plant Facilities building then the Dar Al-Handassah Shair, the Bechtel Building will be next. Enter the building, turn left and pass through the long corridor, go down one floor using the elevator and the library entrance will be by the end of the corridor facing you.
Science & Agriculture Library
Before heading to the library, users can contact the Library by phone on extensions 2640/1 or by email: email@example.com
The Library is located on the second floor of the Agriculture Building (lower campus). The Library includes the public service desks at the entrance, in addition to the stacks area (for monographs and journals) and a reading area equipped with computers.
To get to the Science & Agriculture Library:
- From Upper Campus: Take the back stairs of the Jafet Library Building (see directions above), pass the Bechtel Building, and go west passing the Hostler Center until you get to the Agriculture Building.
- From Ain el Mreisseh (Corniche) side: pass the International College’s (IC) playground, enter through the Sea Gate (between IC and Hostler Center), and go straight, the Agriculture Building will be on your left.
Kindly note that for people who use wheelchairs, the best way to reach the Library is to take the road used by the campus bus, i.e., pass the Physical Plant Facilities building then the Bechtel and Hostler buildings, reach the Faculty residence area and turn around the Nutrition Building to get to the Biology Department, use the elevator, pass through the long corridor, turn right, pass a shorter corridor and enter through the Library’s main door. (NOTE: users with special needs will need assistance to pass through the door)
Saab Medical Library (SML)
Before heading to the library, users can contact the Library by phone on extensions 5916/7/1 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SML is an Off-Campus facility, located between the Campus and the AUB Medical Center (AUBMC), and facing the Issam Fares Hall. It is easily accessible to users with special needs.
- A Ground level that houses the public service information desk, the reading area and the computer lab that are easily accessible.
- A Mezzanine level that contains extra seating places. This level can only be reached by stairs, so it is recommended that users with special needs use the ground floor seating area instead.
- A Stacks section that holds the Library collection, also with some stairs. Users with special needs can ask for assistance from SML staff to bring them any needed item from the stacks.
The University Libraries is aware of the need to improve services to users with special needs and has drafted future plans which include the following: