The second AUB MEPI-TLG program aims to nurture graduate Leaders in Data Science (LiDS) and therefore emphasizes on research in the areas of data analysis, data exploration, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and more. It grants forty-three scholarships to academically qualified and economically deserving students who apply to any of the seventeen eligible graduate study programs at AUB spanning the faculties of Agricultural and Food Sciences (FAFS), Arts and Sciences (FAS), Health Sciences (FHS), Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture (MSEFA), and the Olayan School of Business (OSB).
In addition to requirements of the graduate study program, the MEPI-TLG LiDS program requires students to enroll in two courses on gender studies and one course on data science, and to work on a particular research project that is associated to their program of study. Furthermore, the students will be expected to participate in a multitude of civic engagement activities and leadership training workshops.
MEPI-TLG LiDS will be awarding scholarships to two cohorts of students starting Fall 2020-21.
1) Check Your Eligiblity
2) Explore Your Research Options
3) Create Your Application
- Citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside Syria), Iraq, Tunisia, or Yemen
U.S. citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible for the program
- Academically promising student as per AUB's admissions guidelines
- Economically disadvantaged student as per MEPI and AUB's financial aid policies.
- Students with potential to address local, national, and/or regional problems
- Applying machine learning to document school and community drivers of children's unhealthy diets
- Artificial intelligence for low cost smart irrigation
- Automated arabic question-answering and conversational systems using artificial intelligence
- Data analysis of change within ancient landscapes and sites of the MENA region using remote sensing techniques
- Gender bias in natural language processing
- Heavy metal contamination in soils and food crops – detection and assessment using machine learning algorithms based on hyperspectral images
- Machine Learning (ML) to predict outcomes in patients with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Quantifying temporal trends of gender, racial, and sectarian bias, in Lebanese news media through machine learning and word embeddings
- The ethics of artificial intelligence
- Using artificial intelligence to combat cyberbullying
- Using data science to develop strategies to maximize solid waste recovery, reuse, and recycling at AUB: DDRE3W-AUB project
- Consult the MEPI-TLG FAQ page.
- Visit Online Graduate Application page
to create your application, proceed to the Financial Opportunities
section, and follow the listed guidelines to apply to MEPI-TLG LiDS.
- Keep in mind the deadline to apply for MEPI-TLG LiDS in Fall 2021-22 is March 2, 2021.