Al Jar Lil Jar Farmers' Market on Jeanne d'Arc Street started out as a pilot project in December 2018. It has become a weekly market hosting a beautiful variety of local Lebanese producers coming from all over Lebanon.
The market takes place every Friday from 10 am to 5 pm at the intersection of Sidani and Jeanne d'Arc Street, Hamra.
Our Market aims to:
- Revitalize Jeanne d'Arc Street, specifically after its renovation.
- Provide economic opportunities for small local producers, makers, and artisans
- Bring together diverse people, like neighbors, employees, students, and residents around a social space where they could meet up and interact with each other and with the producers.
- Activate residual spaces in the neighborhood and give them a public use, in this case a privately owned parking lot.
- Linking urban and rural economies by involving producers from rural areas in our urban market.
The AUB Neighborhood Initiative also organizes occasional activities at the souk for children, adults, and families, taking the Market beyond its regular notion of shopping space.
In the Press:
(Open in new tab for larger image)