The Board of Trustees (BOT) has allocated a fund of $2.5 million per year for a period of three years to support the establishment of this program. In the first cycle, up to 25 Board Designated Professorships will be awarded in the Faculty of Medicine and another 25 professorships in the other six faculties/schools.
The budget allocated to each Board Designated Professorship will be between $25,000 and $50,000 per year, divided between salary support and faculty development funds.
Faculty awardees will be expected to continue to fulfill their standard responsibilities in teaching, research, creative work, and service.
Eligibility: Full-time faculty members in the associate and full professor ranks who are not currently on leave and who do not plan to be on leave between AY 2022-23 and AY 2024-25 (inclusive) are eligible to apply for the Board Designated Professorships Program. Faculty members who currently hold endowed chair or endowed professorship positions are not eligible to apply.
Application process: The application should be submitted to the faculty/school dean and include the following:
- Up-to-date CV
- A statement of up to two pages that describes scholarly, teaching, and/or outreach and service achievements, with evidence of impact, excellence, and recognition
- A concept note of up to two pages that describes the applicant's goals for the coming five years, demonstrating a trajectory of further advancement and broader impact
- Applicants may be asked during the evaluation process to provide the names and contacts of external referees
Evaluation criteria: The Board Designated Professorships Program aims at recognizing faculty excellence demonstrated through several of the following:
- Outstanding record of achievement in research, teaching, and service/outreach
- Exemplary clinical care of patients (for applicants from the Faculty of Medicine)
- International recognition and leadership
- A forward-looking trajectory for further advancement and broader impact, and its alignment with faculty/school and institutional goals and priorities
Evaluation process and timeline: The evaluation of the submitted applications will be based on the eligibility and criteria listed above, based on the following timeline:
Thursday, June 30, 2022: Applications should be submitted to the dean of the faculty/school.
Tuesday, July 26, 2022: Deans will review all applications submitted to their faculty/school and forward them to the Office of the Provost, along with a support letter they write per applicant.
By end of September 2022: Final evaluation and selection by committees of the BOT.