The Title IX Student Action Committee is a team of students dedicated to raising awareness about discrimination and harassment at AUB, as they relate to gender, sex, and beyond. Members are undergraduate and graduate students, from all faculties, who work closely with the Equity and Title IX office. The group develops awareness, advocacy, and/or action programming on campus, supports existing Title IX initiatives, and makes recommendations to the administration about future student-centered initiatives.
- “Stories from the Grey Zone" student-led conference on harassment and discrimination (March 2018)
- “Body Talks" student-led speaker series, in collaboration with the Women and Gender Studies Initiative, Feminist Club, and Gender and Sexuality Club (2017-18)
- “Know your Rights and Resources" awareness campaigns (2016-17)
- Student support for the "Fireside Chat with Mashrou' Leila" on art and activism organized by the KIP Project on Gender and Sexuality (2017) and co-sponsored by the Equity and Title IX office
- Development of in-person student workshops on discrimination, harassment, and reporting
- Speaking at AUB events, conferences, and trainings about the importance of understanding discrimination and harassment, reporting resources, and bystander intervention
Want to get involved?