All students joining the Freshman Program, regardless of their nationality, are required to complete the minimum total of 30 credits to secure the Lebanese Baccalaureate II Equivalence from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE). Students will not be entitled to promotion to the Sophomore class until they have submitted the equivalence document.
For more information please read the Admissions Office section in the AUB catalogue.
As per the MEHE directives, AUB will submit your application for freshman equivalence on your behalf. Please follow the below steps accordingly:
Check the list of documents to be prepared which is included in the MEHE application form for freshman.
- Complete the application form
- Request the following documents from AUB by following this link:
All documents are to be compiled by the student and submitted to the window of the Office of the Registrar, on weekdays between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Official transcript of grades
- Certificate in Arabic for completion of 30 credit hours in freshman requirements.
- Freshman clearance statement.
- Add to the AUB requested
documents the below documents:
- Exemption from the Lebanese Program.
- Copy of high school certificate.
- School certificate of completion of grades after receiving the exemption from the Lebanese Program certified by the Regional Educational Office.
- SAT score.
- Copy of your passport.
- Stamp equivalent to 1,000 LBP.
A representative from AUB will submit your completed file on your behalf to the MEHE and receive the freshman equivalence RECEIPT on your behalf. A staff member from the Office of the Registrar will contact you back to collect your receipt and inform you of your scheduled appointment at the MEHE to go collect your equivalence. Once collected you MUST submit a certified copy to the Office of the Registrar.
AUB is not responsible for the MEHE decision of your freshman equivalence approval or rejection.