|Instructors of Public Health Practice:||Kalot, Joumana; Najem, Martine|
The Center for Public Health Practice advances evidence-based public health practice in Lebanon and the region. It creates opportunities for innovation and engagement that enrich the academic experience of students and faculty. The Center nurtures the culture of collective responsibility, partnership building, diversity and social justice.
Within the framework of its mission, CPHP has adopted the following strategic goals:
- Generate and disseminate knowledge to inform public health practice, research, policy and curriculum.
- Respond to public health priorities and emerging crisis through innovative programming and sustained partnerships for health and development.
- Lead the field of workforce development in public health locally and regionally.
- Establish platforms for meaningful community engagement of FHS students, faculty and staff.
CPHP collaborates closely with a variety of partners including national, regional and international entities such as academic institutions, ministries, UN agencies, NGOs, municipalities and local communities in Lebanon and throughout the Arab world.
- Training and Workforce Development; in person and e-courses
- Evaluation of Programs/Implementation Research
- Designing Health and Development Programs
- Documenting Best Practices/Knowledge Dissemination
- Developing Resource Material
- Organizing and Delivering Courses for Students
- Creating joint courses and programs with other faculties and universities
Youth development, refugee health, sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, ageing, health communication, school health and environment, tobacco, child protection and child rights, gender and gender-based violence, NGO management, among others
Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Syria, Tunisia, Lebanon