The Office of International Programs (OIP) promotes internationalization and diversity at AUB by initiating, developing and administering institutional partnerships that foster both incoming and outgoing student, faculty and staff mobility. Through its Study Abroad Program, OIP promotes exchange opportunities and advises AUB students, faculty and staff wishing to pursue international academic experiences that are academically challenging, professionally relevant and personally engaging. OIP supports all international students at AUB, enabling them to integrate into the community and enjoy a rich academic and cultural experience.
The Office of International Programs is located in West Hall, 3rd floor, Rooms 320, 322, 324.
Telephone: +961-1-374374 ext.3147, 3146.
International Student Services
The Office of International Programs provides support to all international students studying at AUB by providing the following services:
- Pre-arrival advice and visa assistance (following admission to AUB)
- On-site orientation, mentoring and intercultural activities
- Explanation of processes and procedures on campus
- Assistance in obtaining student residence permits
- Forums (both electronic and in-person) for interaction with other AUB student populations
- For international degree-seekers, advice on studying abroad as part of their AUB degree
Visas and Residence Permits
International students joining AUB who do not hold a Lebanese passport or Lebanese identity card must have their foreign passports valid for a period of no less than 13 months from the date of joining the university. All such students should also check with the nearest Lebanese Embassy or consulate in their country as to whether they require an entry visa in order to legally enter Lebanon or are eligible to obtain an entry visa at the airport. The OIP may assist students in securing their visas to Lebanon. Students who wish to benefit from OIP visa assistance must indicate this in their Confirmation Letters upon acceptance. Further information can be found on the OIP website.
Once registered at AUB, all students who do not hold Lebanese passports, and wish to stay for longer than the duration of their visas, are required to obtain a residence permit before the expiration of the entry visa they received. Students must apply for this permit within one month of arrival in Beirut and ONLY after registering and paying AUB tuition fees.
The Office of International Programs, in coordination with the Office of the Registrar, helps provide the necessary certificates for registered non-Lebanese students to acquire residence permits from the Lebanese authorities. Information about obtaining a residence permit is communicated at the beginning and throughout each term, and is posted on the OIP website.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
AUB facilitates several study abroad and exchange programs including Erasmus+ for undergraduate and graduate students. AUB’s growing number of international partner institutions include but are not limited to:
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- American University in Cairo, Egypt
- American University of Paris, France
- American University, USA
- Amherst College, USA
- Bogazici University, Turkey
- Boston College, USA
- Boston University, USA
- Danish School of Media & Journalism, Denmark
- Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers, France
- Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Hanyang University, South Korea
- HEC Montreal, Canada
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), France
- IE University, Spain
- John Cabot University, Italy
- Koç University, Turkey
- Luigi Bocconi University, Italy
- Lund University, Sweden
- NEOMA Business School, France
- New York University – Stern School of Business, USA
- Pitzer College, USA
- Politecnico Di Torino, Italy
- Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
- Radboud University, Netherlands
- Reed College, USA
- Shenyang Institute of Automation, China
- Södertörn University, Sweden
- Stanford University International Honors Program, USA
- Temple University, USA
- The Nagoya University of Commerce and Business, Japan
- The University of Newcastle, Australia
- The University of Sydney, Australia
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Universidad del Norte, Columbia
- Università Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore, Italy
- Université de Genève, Switzerland
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- University College London, UK
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- University of Montreal, Canada
- University of Pavia, Italy
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
AUB has Erasmus+ inter-institutional credit mobility agreements with University of Leoben in Austria, Aarhus University, Danish School of Media & Journalism, and University of Copenhagen in Denmark, Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) in France, Freie Universität Berlin in Germany, Athens University of Economics and Business, in Greece, Iceland Academy of the Arts, Politecnico Di Torino, University of Bologna, and University of Camerino in Italy, Amsterdam University of Applied sciences in Netherlands, University of Oslo in Norway, University of Granada in Spain, Lund University and Uppsala University in Sweden, and Koc University in Turkey.
Undergraduate students are required to complete at least 24 credits at AUB before beginning a period of study abroad, while graduate students are required to complete at least 6 credits at AUB before studying abroad; additional academic policies and procedures also apply. For a complete list of exchange and other study abroad options at AUB, or to review the guidelines for study abroad, visit www.aub.edu.lb/oip or Room 320 in West Hall.
OIP Resources for Faculty
The Office of International Programs provides information for faculty on international standards of practice for credit transfer and grade transfer upon request. In addition, OIP maintains a current listing of institutions/consortia/universities with which AUB maintains formal institutional agreements for purposes of student, staff and faculty mobility. Please note that exchange agreements cannot be put into effect at AUB without the approval of the Provost. Guidelines for setting up new international academic exchange agreements and other institutional relationships are available by request from the Director.