The Counseling Center is a catalyst for mental and psychological well-being within the university campus and is dedicated to providing counseling services to registered students at the American University of Beirut. The center strives to create a safe, affirming, and unbiased environment to provide the diverse student body with the needed support.
Students may seek counseling for any difficulty they may be facing, no problem is too minor or too major for counseling. We provide short-term counseling and crisis intervention to help them gain increased awareness, independence, and effective daily habits. The most common problems that students seek help for are:
- Depression and constant sadness
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Substance abuse
- Academic difficulties, mainly lack of focus and concentration
- Accumulated personal issues that range from intimate relationships, family problems, to identity-related difficulties
The Counseling Center offers its service on a first-come/first-serve basis. Counseling may be received on a walk-in basis, but you may have to wait to be served, so scheduling an appointment is highly recommended.
Students can book an appointment through the online application.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00
- Monday to Friday 7:30 – 15:00 (Summer Schedule)
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask you to provide us with a 24-hour notice in order to reschedule. If we do not hear from you, your appointment will be given to another student.