What is job shadowing & how it works?
Job shadowing is when a student is selected to shadow a professional during a normal working day to help the student understand what a day at work might look like.
Students can gain knowledge on a particular field of interest or job role by getting this exposure in a professional workplace aside from the academic and classroom knowledge they are acquiring. This will also support students in understanding their career choices and the skills required to excel and stand out in different job roles.
A typical job shadowing day includes:
- Company presentation on products, services, organizational culture, values, structure, career opportunities, and personal growth.
- A company tour allows the student to understand the different departments, sections, and overall organizational structure.
- Meetups with key professionals that can add value to the student’s knowledge.
- Overview of the projects taking place & of a specific job role that the student might be interested in.
- Have a resume/cover letter check, advise the student on interview tips and other career-related skills.
How does it work?
Register at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/cZsp6EkS82ml3JIv2
specifying the majors you are interested in and taking into consideration that this program will be open to Junior & Senior year students only. You will also need to specify the duration of the job shadowing program that you wish to offer and this can range from one to five days. We will then advertise to students and share with you the profiles of interested students. Details will follow once you express interest in this program.
Benefits you gain as an employer
- Identifying & attracting future star talent.
- An opportunity to communicate and increase awareness of the organizational culture, vision, mission, industry, and other scope areas.
- Students can surprise you with their innovative and out-of-the-box ideas, so go ahead and listen to what they have to say!