Supervised cardiovascular machines and free weight area
Fitness Area Rules
- All participants must be current AUB students, members, or a guest of a member.
- Children ages 12-15 must be accompanied at all times.
- Personal belongings are not allowed and should be stored in a locker.
- AUB is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only water bottles are allowed (No food or beverages).
- Non-athletic apparel, including jeans, sandals, street shoes or barefooted, are prohibited.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Towels and athletic shoes are required at all times.
- Coats, jackets must be hung-up in the designated area.
- Allow others to work-in between sets on weight machines.
- Offensive or profane language is prohibited.
- Video Taping without permission is NOT ALLOWED.
- During busy times, time limit on the cardio machines and in the gym is 45 minutes.
- Re-rack your weights, return all accessories to their proper locations, and refrain from banging weights.
- Abuse or misuse of the equipment will not be tolerated.
- Please wipe down equipment after every use, cleaning stations are located throughout the Fitness Center area.
- Please do not use cell phones while resting on machines.
- Members are not allowed to move machines.
- Be respectful for the Fitness Center staff as well as other members working out at all times.
- Please use headphones while listening to personal music.
- Use indoor voices, no shouting or screaming in the fitness center
- Disorderly conduct, abuse of the facility, equipment, or staff and/or disregard for the fitness center's policies will result in immediate dismissal from the facility.
- Additional sanctions may include disciplinary action, reimbursement for damages, and/or suspension from the facilities and programs.
- Only white bottom tennis shoes or sneakers are permitted in the fitness training areas. Outdoor footwear is not permitted on any indoor court surface.
- The fitness specialist must be physically present anytime there are individuals in the fitness training areas.
- Food and gum are not permitted in the fitness areas at anytime.
- The fitness specialist should be especially aware of free weight exercises requiring the assistance of a "spotter" (i.e., squats, bench press, etc.).
- The specialist on duty must maintain a clean and orderly fitness training area at all times. The reception desk and counter areas should be clear of personal items, weight stored in the appropriate racks when not in use (off the floor), etc. The last attendant on duty must wipe seats/chairs clean.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the loose weights area. They may however utilize the cardio machines under the supervision of an adult.
- Members who wish to have personal fitness training for themselves or for their childer can do so through University Sports coaches and instructors ONLY.
|Monday till Friday||7:00am - 8:00pm||Personalized Fitness Instruction Available|
|Saturday||9:00am - 5:00pm||Personalized Fitness Instruction Available|