Direct publications are those which are a product of the students’ work at SHARP, and which were supported by the grant.
All Publications by SHARP Students and Graduates
Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation in Patients With Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Al Feghali KA, Ballout RA, Khamis AM, Akl EA, Geara FB. Frontiers in Oncology 2018; 8:115.
- Role of Nutritional Indices in Predicting Outcomes of Vascular Surgery. Jabbour J, Abou Ali A, Rabeh M, Habib RH. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2018. (Accepted)
- The FRAX-based Lebanese osteoporosis treatment guidelines: rationale for a hybrid model. Chakhtoura M, Leslie WD, McClung M, Cheung AM, Fuleihan GE. Osteoporos Int 2017; 28(1):127-137.
- Impact of vitamin D replacement in adults and elderly in the Middle East and North Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Chakhtoura M, Akl EA, El Ghandour S, Shawwa K, Arabi A, Mahfoud Z, Habib RH, Hoballah H, El Hajj Fuleihan G. Osteoporos Int 2017; 28(1):35-46.
- First and Second Generation DES Reduce Diabetes Adverse Effect on Mortality and Re-intervention in Multivessel Coronary Disease: 9-Year Analysis. Badour SA, Dimitrova KR, Kanei Y, Tranbaugh RF, Hajjar MM, Kabour A, Schwann TA, Alam S, Badr K and Habib RH. Cardiovascular Revacularization Medicine 2017; 18(4):265-273.
- Vitamin D replacement in children, adolescents and pregnant women in the Middle East and North Africa: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Chakhtoura M, El Ghandour S, Shawwa K, Akl EA, Arabi A, Mahfoud Z, Habib R, Hoballah H, El Hajj Fuleihan G. Metabolism 2017; 70:160-176.
- Effects of growth hormone therapy on bone density and fracture risk in age-related osteoporosis in the absence of growth hormone deficiency: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Barake M, Arabi A, Nakhoul N, El-Hajj Fuleihan G, El Ghandour S, Klibanski A, Tritos NA. Endocrine 2017; doi: 10.1007/s12020-017-1440-0.
- Vitamin D Metabolism in Bariatric Surgery. Chakhtoura M, Rahme M, El-Hajj Fuleihan G. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America 2017; 46(4):947-982.
- Hypovitaminosis D in bariatric surgery: A systematic review of observational studies. Chakhtoura MT, Nakhoul NN, Shawwa K, Mantzoros C, El Hajj Fuleihan GA. Metabolism 2016; 65(4):574-85.
- Effect of vitamin D replacement on maternal and neonatal outcomes: a randomised controlled trial in pregnant women with hypovitaminosis D. M Chakhtoura, A Nassar, A Arabi, C Cooper, N Harvey, Z Mahfoud, M Nabulsi, G El-Hajj Fuleihan. A protocol BMJ Open 2016; 6(3):e010818.
- Guidelines on vitamin D replacement in bariatric surgery: Identification and systematic appraisal. Chakhtoura MT, Nakhoul N, Akl EA, Mantzoros CS, El Hajj Fuleihan GA. Metabolism 2016; 65(4):586-97.
- Safety of concomitant cholecystectomy at the time of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: analysis of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database. Dakour-Aridi HN, El-Rayess HM, Abou-Abbass H, Abu-Gheida I, Habib RH, Safadi BY.
Surg Obes Relat Dis 2016; 13(6):934-941.
- Impact of prior intracoronary stenting on late outcomes of coronary artery bypass surgery in diabetics with triple-vessel disease. Nauffal V, Schwann TA, Yammine MB, El-Hage-Sleiman AK, El Zein MH, Kabour A, Engoren MC, Habib RH. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2015; 149(5):1302-9.
- CABG Versus PCI: Greater Benefit in Long-Term Outcomes With Multiple Arterial Bypass Grafting. Habib RH, Dimitrova KR, Badour SA, Yammine MB, El-Hage-Sleiman AK, Hoffman DM, Geller CM, Schwann TA, Tranbaugh RF. J Am Coll Cardiol2015; 66(13):1417-27.
- Vitamin D supplementation for obese adults undergoing bariatric surgery. Chakhtoura MT, Nakhoul NF, Akl EA, Safadi BY, Mantzoros CS, El-Hajj Fuleihan G. The Cochrane Library 2015; Issue 7. (Protocol).