Prof. Ali El-Hajj, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, FEA
Chair of Academic Assessment Unit
Ms. Dania Salem, Assistant Director of General Education and Assessment, AAU
Ms. Dalia Najiya, Executive Officer, AAU
Ms. Hiba Itani, Data Management and Analysis Specialist , AAU
Assessment Officers in Faculties/Schools
Institutional Assessment Committee (IAC)
The mandate of IAC is to provide leadership in the implementation of the University's assessment system. IAC members will review and provide feedback on self-study reports, progress reports and improvement plans submitted by all academic and nonacademic units and link capital budget requests to assessment recommendations.
- Provost/Associate Provost, Chair
- Assistant to the Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs
- Chair of Academic Assessment Unit
- Director of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
- Director of the Facilities Planning and Design Unit
- Representative from Office of Financial Planning
- Representative from Office of Information Technology
- Representative from Office of Student Affairs
- FAS representative
- FAFS representative
- FHS representative
- SFEA representative
- FM representative
- HSON representative
- OSB representative
- Review and evaluate the assessment process and make recommendations as needed.
- Review and evaluate departmental assessment plans/reports and recommend revisions as appropriate.
- Provide feedback on requested resources for improvement actions in the departmental assessment plans/reports.
- Verify that assessment results have been used for improvements.
- Recommend the development, acquisition and use of other types of surveys/questionnaires as institutional assessment tools.
- Evaluate the implementation of all assessment plans, in particular, the fulfillment of accreditation requirements regarding assessment.
- Evaluate and interpret the results in the annual University Assessment Progress Report and recommend actions for improvement.
- Present an annual performance tracking of university goals and activities to the Budget and Planning Committee to support identifying of strategic priorities.
- Linking capital Budget requests to assessment recommendations.
- Approve recommendations, guidelines, or policies for effective linkage of assessment with strategic planning, budgeting and resource allocation.
- Serve as members of Internal review Committee in periodic Reviews.