We have a small budget to develop a website for AUBotanic. Details of qualifications required and some details about the project can be seen bellow!
The AUB Botanic Garden committee at the American University of Beirut is looking for a WordPress Web Developer proficient in HTML, CSS, or PHP languages to build an online market and community platform titled “Ancillary Botanic Gardens” that seeks to engage customers looking to visit botanic gardens by informing them of gardens within an input location, and giving a forum space for ABG network members to submit their garden’s pictures and schedules. This will be a website similar to Airbnb but no payment integrations are necessary for operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing and building website using clean and attention-grabbing WordPress template layouts
- Conducting website performance tests
- Ensuring the website is mobile responsive
- Optimize the website performance for better user experience
- Backup and maintain the website regularly, providing technical support when necessary
- Ensure the website is indexed properly by Google and visible to the target audience (SEO friendly)
- Protect the website against threats using a web application firewall and anti-spam plugins to secure the web site's database and admin controls. Implement SSL data encryption.
- Use Google Analytics for observing website traffic, page views, etc..
- Bachelor graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, or PHP languages; in case manually coding features are required
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer
- Detail-oriented and strong problem solver
- Strong commitment to deadlines
The most crucial website features to develop:
- It should contain a well-structured search functionality for visitors, engaging and attractive to guests looking to find a garden to visit.
- Member hosted pages similar to Airbnb; Basic Search and Advanced Search with garden feature categories to narrow down results (presented with clickable icons if possible)
Garden Search Features in detail (these details are a start but can be modified, changed, improved according to your expertise):
- The garden search directory and the member-submitted garden pages (function to produce pages to add more gardens to the database is required). Each garden page should have the following data entries for information:
- Schedule: Open and Closing times, also should show any activities organized by the garden, all can be edited by the ABG member hosting the garden
- Three displayed pictures along with a link to a gallery for more
- A google maps display of where the garden is
- Garden features present; presented with icons: restaurant icon, tour icon, beautiful scenery icon, seating area icon, museum icon, biodiverse icon, etc.…
- Contact information and links to the member’s garden’s social media pages if any