Two centuries after its origin, Complex Analysis remains a vi- brant and fruitful field of research. Its applications go well beyond the realm of Mathematics and range from Physics to Engineering. Current research in Complex Analysis blends techniques from a variety of Mathematical areas and thus requires a broad expertise. Following this philosophy, the school will expose students to a wide spectrum of fields interacting with Complex Analysis. Special emphasis will be put on Differential Geometry, Partial Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems and Algebraic Geometry.
The school is addressed to graduate students in Lebanon and abroad, and its program is spread over two weeks. The first week will serve as a preparation and will focus on introductory topics. The second week will present more advanced and modern developments. In addition to the mini courses, complementary activities will engage the students more directly with open problems, exercises, or career opportunities.
June 5 till 16, 2023
Administrative and Scientific Coordinators
- Cours 1: "Introduction to Holomorphic Dynamics in Several Complex Variables", Jasmin Raissy (Université de Bordeaux, France)
- Cours 2: "On Nondegeneracy Conditions for the Levi Map in Higher Codimension", Francine Meylan (Université de Fribourg, Suisse)
- Cours 3: "Complexes of Differential Operators", Michael Eastwood (University of Adelaide, Australie)
- Cours 4: "Nonlinear Fourier Transforms and Applications to Complex Analysis", Shiferaw Berhanu (Temple University, USA)
- Cours 5: "Approximation Theory in Complex Analysis", Purvi Gupta (Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Inde)
- Cours 6: "Vanishing Cycles in Holomorphic Foliations by Curves and Foliated Shells", Serguei Ivashkovich (Université de Lille, France)
For registration and participation, please access the following link
Deadline for registration: February 21, 2023
Courses are delivered in English.