Two centuries after its origin, Complex Analysis remains a vi- brant and fruitful field of research. Its applications go well beyond the realm of Mathematics and range from Physics to Engineering. Current research in Complex Analysis blends techniques from a variety of Mathematical areas and thus requires a broad expertise. Following this philosophy, the school will expose students to a wide spectrum of fields interacting with Complex Analysis. Special emphasis will be put on Differential Geometry, Partial Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems and Algebraic Geometry.
The school is addressed to graduate students in Lebanon and abroad, and its program is spread over two weeks. The first week will serve as a preparation and will focus on introductory topics. The second week will present more advanced and modern developments. In addition to the mini courses, complementary activities will engage the students more directly with open problems, exercises, or career opportunities.
June 5 till 16, 2023
Administrative and Scientific Coordinators
Florian Bertrand (Department of Mathematics, CARU, American University of Beirut, Lebanon)
Léa Blanc-Centi (Laboratoire Paul Painlevé, Université de Lille, France)
Giuseppe Della Sala (Department of Mathematics, CARU, American University of Beirut, Lebanon)
Rafael Andrist (Department of Mathematics, CARU, American University of Beirut, Lebanon)
Francine Meylan (Department of Mathematics, University of Fribourg, Switzerland)
- Course 1: "Introduction to Holomorphic Dynamics in Several Complex Variables", Jasmin Raissy (Université de Bordeaux, France)
- Course 2: "On Nondegeneracy Conditions for the Levi Map in Higher Codimension", Francine Meylan (Université de Fribourg, Suisse) - Lecture Notes
- Course 3: "Complexes of Differential Operators", Michael Eastwood (University of Adelaide, Australie) - Link to Lectures
- Course 5: "Approximation Theory in Complex Analysis", Purvi Gupta (Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Inde)
- Course 6: "Vanishing Cycles in Holomorphic Foliations by Curves and Foliated Shells", Serguei Ivashkovich (Université de Lille, France)
Courses are delivered in English.
Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées - CIMPA
Center for Advanced Mathematical Sciences - CAMS
International Mathematical Union -