Aims of the CAMS Fellowship Program
The Program will provide support to faculty members who are pursuing fundamental research in the Mathematical Sciences, at AUB and/or other universities in Lebanon. It further aims to stimulate collaboration between local, regional and international scholars, as it strengthens the role of CAMS as a platform for exchange within the mathematical community. The broader, long-term, objective is to facilitate the growth of dedicated CAMS Research Units in promising fields of wide enough interest.
CAMS Fellows: Expectations and Benefits
A CAMS fellowship is granted for a period of one year, and is open to renewal for an extra year. We will give particular consideration to early-to-mid career faculty members. The call is open to researchers working in the Mathematical Sciences [e.g. pure and applied mathematics, theoretical computer science, theoretical physics]. Faculty members working in the fields of differential geometry and mathematical physics, statistics and theoratical machine learning, optimal control or information theory are strongly encouraged to apply for the 2022-23 cycle.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Candidates are asked to provide with their application:
- A CV.
- A cover letter providing a description of research plans [to be written in a language that a non-specialist can readily understand], and a statement on impact which reflects on how the research project and proposed activities will advance the field, as they serve the mission of CAMS.
- A list of proposed activities with a tentative timetable.
- An itemized budget, with justification of requested funding for:
- Travel expenses for a conference or visiting collaborators [with specifics on conference/meeting, expected dates...etc];
- Inviting international scholar(s) associated with fellowship activities;
- Salary of research assistant(s);
- Course buyout/salary in relation to proposed activities [open to AUB faculty, and this is for projects of exceptional merit and impact];
- Proposed activities [a preliminary estimate, with mention of any potential external sources of funding].
- CVs of key collaborators (limited to 2-pages each).
Applications for AY 2022-2023 are submitted by email to Ms. Hiba Hammoud (CAMS officer, firstname.lastname@example.org) and due by September 23, 2022. Successful candidates will be notified by November 2022.