Aims of the CAMS Fellowship Program
The Program will provide support to faculty members who are pursuing fundamental research in the Mathematical Sciences, at AUB and/or other universities in Lebanon. It further aims to stimulate collaboration between local, regional and international scholars, as it strengthens the role of CAMS as a platform for exchange within the mathematical community. The broader, long-term, objective is to facilitate the growth of dedicated CAMS Research Units in promising fields of wide enough interest.
CAMS Fellows: Expectations and Benefits
A CAMS fellowship is granted for a period of one year, and is open to renewal for an extra year. We will give particular consideration to early-to-mid career faculty members. The call is open to researchers working in the Mathematical Sciences [e.g. pure and applied mathematics, theoretical computer science, theoretical physics]. Faculty members working in the fields of probability theory and statistics, differential geometry and mathematical physics, mathematical biology, or optimal control and information theory are strongly encouraged to apply for the 2021-22 cycle.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Candidates are asked to provide with their application:
- A CV.
- A cover letter providing a description of research plans [to be written in a language that a non-specialist can readily understand], and a statement on impact which reflects on how the research project and proposed activities will advance the field, as they serve the mission of CAMS.
- A list of proposed activities with a tentative timetable.
- An itemized budget, with justification of requested funding for:
- Travel expenses for a conference or visiting collaborators [with specifics on conference/meeting, expected dates...etc];
- Inviting international scholar(s) associated with fellowship activities;
- Salary of research assistant(s);
- Course buyout/salary in relation to proposed activities [open to AUB faculty, and this is for projects of exceptional merit and impact];
- Proposed activities [a preliminary estimate, with mention of any potential external sources of funding].
- CVs of key collaborators (limited to 2-pages each).
Applications for AY 2021-2022 are due on September 6, 2021. They are to be submitted electronically to Ms. Hiba I. Hammoud, CAMS Executive officer, Email:
Successful candidates will be informed in October, 2021.