A list of internship opportunities with credible local and international organizations is regularly shared by CCECS in order to support students in securing internships. Students are also encouraged to identify internships themselves, subject to prior approval from CCECS and MEPI-TL team.
MEPI-TL students must complete one community-based internship and one major-related internship during years of study at AUB, and usually during their summer or winter breaks. Students are required to fulfill a total of 120 hours in the same organization in order for the internship to be counted. An internship required by the student’s department/faculty would be counted as the major-related internship. AUB MEPI-TL students have to complete one of the two internships in their respective home countries. If, however, the situation is such that they cannot pursue an internship in their home country (civil strife, unrest, travel restrictions,…) they will be given approval to complete both internships in Lebanon.
Students failing to complete the requirements of a particular internship must submit a valid justification. CCECS and MEPI-TL team will take the necessary measures to ensure students successfully fulfill their internship requirement.
Process for Securing Internships
- Apply to the internship that matches skills and interests
- Submit a letter/email from the organization confirming acceptance as an intern by December 15th for the winter break internship and May 10th for the summer break internship
- Upon completion of the internship, students are required to:
CCECS will send an evaluation form to the host organization to assess the intern’s performance
- Submit a reflection essay on their experience
- Obtain a certificate of completion from the host organization confirming successful completion of internship hours