Dear AUB Students,
The University is looking for a select number of AUB students to assist with events and major happenings during the 151th commencement week between May 21 and June 6, 2020. This is a wonderful opportunity to get an "up close and personal" look at one of AUB's great traditions and to lend a helping hand to your University as well.
AUB will be hosting two ceremonies as part of its commencement exercises: The Honorary Doctorate and Graduate Commencement Ceremony on Friday, June 5, 2020; and the Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, June 6, 2020.
We are looking for student volunteers to participate in the planning process and to help during the events between May 21 and June 6, 2020 by welcoming and guiding guests, assisting with crowd control, and facilitating communications.
All student volunteers must attend the two training sessions on:
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 | 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm | Auditorium A, West Hall
Session introducing commencement exercises: In this session, you will be introduced briefly to the basics of commencement activities, rituals and norms, as well as general planning. Also, we will discuss the Ring Ceremony program and share with you the details of the event.
Thursday, May 21, 2020| 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm | Auditorium A, West Hall
In this session, you will learn additional details of this year's plan, expectations, and how tasks will be assigned among students, staff, and faculty members.
Session on the ground: This session will entail on-site practice runs to ensure smooth operation and implementation on graduation day
* Kindly note that you will need to attend all sessions to be fully knowledgeable of work details in order to take part in these events.
- Commencement rehearsals with the graduating students on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 from 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. (Undergraduate)
- Commencement rehearsals with the graduating students on Thursday, June 4, 2020 from 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. (Graduate)
- Commencement exercises on June 5 and June 6, 2020 starting 3:30 pm.
In short, if you are interested in being part of this enriching experience, you need to commit on the following days: May 20, 21, and 28 and June 3, 4, 5, and 6.
To be a commencement facilitator, please click on this link to register NO LATER than Friday, May 15, 2020.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you.
American University of Beirut
Office of Advancement
T: +961-1-350000 x 2685