CONTINUING EDUCATION TRAVEL AWARD (TA/B)
PRIMARY RESEARCH PRESENTATION TRAVEL AWARD (TA/C)
The purpose of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to solicit applications for Travel Awards from the Diana Tamari Sabbagh Scholars Program (DTSSP) to support continuing education by AUB faculty abroad, or presentation of primary research by junior faculty or students at international meetings.
The AUB DTSSP is funded by a generous gift from the Diana Tamari Sabbagh Foundation to promote excellence by enhancing the education and expertise of healthcare and health-related professionals through support of specialized training and exchange programs at AUB or abroad.
The Travel Awards are two subcategories of the Visit Awards:
- Subcategory (b) seeks to support travel by AUB faculty at any rank to an institution abroad for continuing education. The purpose of the award is to enhance the expertise and expand the horizons of scholars and practitioners at AUB through exposure to international research and practice settings.
- Subcategory (c) seeks to support travel by AUB students or junior faculty to attend an international professional meeting outside Lebanon and present primary research.
Pending the availability of funding, the TA anticipates awarding one grant in each subcategory to fund applications submitted in response to this RFA. Applications may be submitted up to the deadline listed in the table below. It is expected that this grant will provide partial support towards travel and lodging up to 4 weeks in subcategory (b) and up to 1 week in subcategory (c). Please note that no fee is required in submission of these applications.
The issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment on the part of DTSSP nor does it commit DTSSP to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of an application. Further, DTSSP reserves the right to reject any or all applications submitted.
Application and Submission Information
Content and Form of Application Submission
It is critical that applicants follow the instructions below. Conformance to the requirements is required and strictly enforced. Applications that are out of compliance with these instructions may be delayed or not accepted for review.
- Applicants shall fill the official application form (DTSSP-F1), in which they select the program category of interest.
- For the TA, applicants must submit the following:
For subcategory (b): a letter of admission (registration) to the CE activity and material describing the activity
For subcategory (c): a letter of acceptance of the work to be presented, a copy of the accepted abstract, material describing the venue and a letter of intent highlighting the scholarship value of the activity
For all categories: An academic résumé or curriculum vitae of the applicant
April 15, 2019
Required Documents and Important Dates
- Academic résumé or Curriculum Vitae of guest
- Letter of acceptance
April 15, 2019|