The Scholarship involves active participation in academic excellence, civic engagement involvement , and extracurricular activities with Qatar Connections, as detailed below. Undergraduate students who receive this scholarship will have the opportunity to participate in multiple activities including the chance to study abroad for up to one semester.
Scholars should and adhere to AUB’s policies and procedures. To maintain the scholarship scholars must:
- Complete 35 civic engagement hours per year.
- Participate in at least 2 Qatar Connection activities, trainings, and many other opportunities when requested by the Qatar Connection focal point at AUB and provide feedback on events as required.
- Interface with the Qatar Connection focal point at AUB at least once a semester (by phone, email, or in person).
- Comply with the AUB by-laws, including the disciplinary section, which is applicable to all AUB students’ conduct with respect to themselves and their peers.
Qatar Connections Participation
Qatar Connection engagement opportunities are organized locally or in Qatar. These opportunities enable scholarship recipients to expand their horizons through a variety of activities, including webinars, lectures, trainings, and workshops.
Examples of organizations in Qatar participating in Qatar Connection include:
- Al Jazeera Media Institute
- Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy / Generation Amazing
- Qatar Foundation
- Qatar Olympic Committee
- Qatar Debate