The Environmental and Chemical Safety Unit provides services that promote a healthy and safe environment for the university community. These services are designed to assist AUB in achieving its teaching, research, and service objectives in a safe manner and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and standards.
- Chemicals and chemical waste management.
- Environmental protection and pollution prevention.
- Industrial hygiene and exposure assessment.
- Occupational health and safety.
- Asbestos management.
- Facility and laboratory safety.
- General campus premises safety, and accident prevention.
- Emergency preparedness and response.
- Introduction to Lab safety
- Chemical Handling
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Slips, trips and falls
- Hand and power tools
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safety Precautions Associated with Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs
- Flood response
- Heat stress
- Healthcare waste management