What is GLOB-SM?
The Global Supply Chain Management for the Southern Mediterranean (GLOB-SM) Project is a three-year joint program starting January 15, 2021, and funded by the European Union through the Erasmus Plus Capacity Building in Higher Education program.
AUB, the coordinator of the project, led by FAFS in collaboration with MSFEA received a €746, 281 grant to develop and implement the first graduate program in the MENA region focused on global supply chain management with tracks in Agro-Food Supply Chain Management, Maritime, and Humanitarian Logistics.
Together, AUB and partner institutions will catalyze capacity development in global supply chain management to serve the needs of the region, educate future leaders, and develop agents of change needed to address current regional challenges. The partner institutions will leverage the project on a larger scale, engaging national and regional governments and decision makers.
This graduate program aims to answer global competition challenges and support Middle East countries' economic development policies by exploiting their unique geographic and economic assets. It will allow graduates to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to enhance operational efficiency, improve consumer experience, enhance organizational responsiveness, build a network of resilience to severe supply chain disruptions, establish and manage long-term business relationships.
- To improve the quality of Education in partner countries' HEIs (Jordan & Lebanon)
- To increase the local competences on the management of supply chain involving manufacturers, processors, and distributors. With the highly experienced EU partners in the team in the field of supply chain management, GLOB-SM will provide highly skilled supply chain management specialists who can understand the workplace culture of the Middle East and the dynamics in the international marketplace, and their implications on local companies' operations and logistics.
- To enhance the employability of graduates from the Middle East in the international job market.
- To promote the collaboration between (within) universities in the Middle East and EU countries in teaching, research, scientific and technological collaboration after the project has completed.
AUB Role in the Project
- Review the leading EU HEIs programs and conduct three stakeholders' surveys and analyze them together with the other PC HEIs.
Organize capacity building seminars together with the KBS (WP leader), assist in staff capacity gap analysis and selection of the teaching and technical and administrative staff for the training seminars.
Assisting in the development of communication and exploitation plan and the design of Logo and the GLOB-SM official website, promoting GLOB-SM program, assisting the signing of MoU between HEIs and stakeholders and organization of the Final Conference, and developing and elaboration of the sustainability plan.
As a Leader managing all project activities, assuring the achievement of GLOB-SM objectives and the delivery of reports and cost statements, keep in contact and negotiate with the EU.
Leading the monitoring and quality assurance activity: development of quality monitoring and assurance manual, supporting of internal and external independent evaluators in the monitoring activities, collaborating to the elaboration of the Monitoring and Quality Assurance Report.
Coordinate the implementation of the GLOB-SM graduate program in the PC HEIs. Arrange the visit of 10 EU professors for one-week face-to-face teaching; monitoring of the first generation of students; select eight top students (two from each PC HEI) for a study visit (thesis work) at the EU HEIs; coordinate the analysis of students' feedback.
Leading the development of the new joint graduate program in GLOB-SM – defining principles and curriculum models for joint graduate program; follow up the designing, approval and accreditation of the new curriculum and courses at AUB and other PC HEIs; purchase of equipment and software and assisting the setup of ICT labs and e-learning platform and follow up the implementation in the PC HEIs.
Project Work Packages
To learn about the project work packages, please follow this link