The endotoxin test at our lab is held on a monthly basis scheduled on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. However, if the third Tuesday of the month falls on a holiday the tests will be conducted on the following week.
Steps to initiate endotoxin testing for new hospitals/centers:
Call our laboratory on +9611350000 x 4845 and express wishes to join testing and state the numbers of samples to be sent on a monthly basis. You are then kindly requested to fill in the Hospital Information Form
- Send for the collection of appropriate number of pyrogen free tubes which are provided by LEAF.
- Fill in the Request Sheet
- On the day of sampling, place your sample in the pyrogen free tube, place it in a cooler and bring it to the laboratory at the following address: AUB, Bliss St, Hamra, CCC-SRB Bldg. , 3rd Floor, Room 303. The closest gate to us is the Hostel gate. You need to park outside and walk inside campus. On occasions, you will be given a permit to enter our campus for 15 minutes maximum. Please note that maximum holding time from sampling to LEAF should not exceed 24 hours for hospitals in remote areas only (In this case sample must be refrigerated all along).
- For the prices, we can send you by email a private quotation. Once you submit your request, you can pay at the Comptrollers' Office located in College Hall, Ground Floor, AUB main campus.
- For results, you are most welcome to call and enquire about them on the second day, but we usually call you if your values have exceeded the standard limit, in this case you are given 24 hours to repeat the test if you wish and of course upon availability of open kits or else you would need to take action and wait for the next testing cycle. Reports can be picked up 5 working days after analyses.