To be placed on the Dean's Honor List at the end of a given Fall or Spring Term, a student must:
- Be carrying at least twelve credits of required courses;
- Not be repeating the term nor have an outstanding probation;
- Have passed all the courses of the Term and attained an overall average in the required courses of 85 or more, or of 80 or more while ranking approximately in the top 10% of the class;
- Not have been subjected to any disciplinary action within the University; and
- Be deemed worthy by the Dean to be on the Dean's Honor List.
FAFS Students' Awards
The Aana Prizes
- The Aana Prizes recognize outstanding achievements by agribusiness students at the American University of Beirut in the areas of benefit to community and innovation. These prizes were established in 2014 to encourage and enable students to launch careers in the field following their studies. Students are eligible for the Aana Prizes through their participation in the course Agribusiness Final Year Project – AGBU 292.
Edgecombe Memorial Prize
- A monetary award granted to the outstanding student in the 4th year Agriculture program.
The Joanna Haidar Award
- An annual award to a deserving and needy AREC student having a cumulative average of 75 and above. The student should be environmentally aware and interested in agricultural practices and development.
Dean Thomas Sutherland Prizes
- Awarded annually at graduation to outstanding Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences graduates. For undergraduate excellence, a sum of money to the recipient of the Penrose Award for the year. For graduate excellence, a sum of money to the M.S. graduate with the thesis judged best overall for design, research, presentation, and contribution to its field.
- Non-cash honorary awards made on the basis of scholarship, character, leadership and contribution to University life to the outstanding graduate of each Faculty.
Abdul Hadi Debs Endowment Award for Academic Excellence
- It is an annual award to graduating students, preferably at the graduate level. Each Faculty will nominate one candidate with outstanding academic record, and who has demonstrated research capabilities through a paper, project or thesis deemed by the Faculty worthy of publication. The recipients will receive equally a cash award depending on the amount generated by the endowment. The award will be announced during the reception preceding or following Commencement Exercises. Each student will receive a check and a certificate.
Dean Nuhad Daghir FAFS Graduate Student Award
- This award will go to the graduating student with a Master's degree from the Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences who succeeded to accumulate the highest average over his/her graduate studies at AUB.
Dr. Musa Najib Nimah Endowed Award for Academic Excellence
- Annual award granted to a graduating student at the undergraduate level from the Agriculture Program who has the highest cumulative GPA.
The Nehme Moujaess Student Award in Landscape Architecture
- Annual award granted to final year Landscape Architecture students whose final year project is selected by the Department as the most deserving.
Director Fawwak Slieman - Dean John Fischer Endowed Award
- The Slieman-Fischer Award will be conferred on an undergraduate student who meets the following criteria: a 3rd or 4th year student who has committed to a FAFS major, demonstrates financial need and academic promise in the fields of agriculture, food or water security in the Middle East region or Africa. FAFS Dean and AREC Director will select the award recipient, with input from the faculty and staff.
Nahla Hwalla Endowed Award in Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Nahla Hwalla Award in Nutrition and Dietetics will be conferred on a graduating high distinction student majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics who has exhibited collegiality and leadership with active engagement in student life to promote principles of nutrition and wellbeing.
Rabi and Samia Mohtar Award
- The Rabi and Samia Mohtar Award will be conferred on a graduating FAFS student who demonstrated leadership and potential to impacting the food and agriculture system and with a documented financial need.
Ali Nehme Nesr Student Award
- Awarded to a graduating student (Undergraduate/ Graduate student) who submit tutorial/ thesis topic / final year project / capstone project on emerging markets in Africa preferably sub-Saharan Africa related to the agricultural aspects of relevant commodities, value chain, processing, marketing, product innovation or any related topic. The student should also demonstrate extra-curricular involvement & leadership skills.