VALUABLE PRIZES FOR STUDENTS & SCHOOLS
WITH BEST INITIATIVES
1st Prize: $6,000
2nd Prize: $4,000
3rd Prize: $2,000
Entry Submission Deadline: March 22, 2018
The agricultural sector is an important driver of economic growth, job creation, and rural livelihoods in Lebanon.
The aim of this award is to enhance the visibility of the agricultural sector in Lebanon and to raise awareness on its challenges and opportunities. The award will recognize the top three students who will present the best innovative and practical solutions to the challenges that the agricultural sector in Lebanon is facing.
The theme for this year's competition is Agriculture in Lebanon: Challenges and Solutions.
The project needs to highlight the value of the agricultural sector and present a current problem that the sector is facing.
Participants will answer the below:
- Identify a problem the sector of agriculture in Lebanon is facing
- Propose an environmental friendly solution that will ideally help the small farmers with limited resources.
- Every school can have one participant
- Students should be enrolled in grade 12 / terminale
- Abstract and final project can be in English or Arabic
Entries Deadline: participants should submit an abstract of 500 words by March 22, 2018 to email@example.com. Entries must include:
- Name of participant
- School name
- School region
- Phone number of participant
- Project title
- Project abstract (a brief summary of the project – maximum of 500 words)
* 10 finalists will be selected based on the abstract evaluation and they will be informed by April 2, 2018.
Final Projects Deadline:
- The 10 finalists should submit a final project by April 17, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Projects will include:
o Essay of 1500 words maximum including:
- Name of participant, email & phone number
- School name & region
- Project Title
o Poster presentation
- The ten finalists will present their final project (poster & essay) during an event that will held at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences (FAFS) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) on April 26, 2018 where the top 3 projects will be selected by a jury.
Competition & Judging Criteria
Entries will be scored on:
- Originality of the idea
- Incorporating new directions or approaches to existing agricultural practices in Lebanon
- Project design and presentation skills
Relevance to securing the agricultural sector in Lebanon:
- Targets an agricultural problem that is clearly defined in Lebanon
- Project potential impact and efficiency of the solution proposed
- Solution should be environmental friendly
Execution & Feasibility:
- Initiative can be implemented and has the potential to be accessible to Lebanese farmers
- Effective plan to communicate the idea
To apply to the The Raji & Fawzieh Sinno Promising Leader in Agriculture Award please send your entries by March 22, 2017 to email@example.com.