The Food Security Graduate Diploma offers a multi-disciplinary perspective and area of study. This program is designed for working professionals and future leaders who are looking for a career-transforming opportunity that explores the areas of food security, agricultural production, nutrition security, and public policy and development programming. The Food Security Graduate Diploma will build your core knowledge around contemporary challenges, current and potential policies and interventions, and design and evaluation principles targeting food security.
Through the diploma you will gain the ability to:
- Understand in depth food security’s dimensions and map them to food system outcomes;
- Link food security and wider socio-economic development;
- Investigate the political, cultural, gender, and ethical issues embedded within food security;
- Assess food security strategies, policies, programs, and their implementation in the MENA region and the Global South;
- Design interventions to promote food security; and
- Develop tools and tactics to effectively communicate to diverse institutional and community audiences.
Program Learning Journey
The Graduate Diploma consists of four required courses for a total of twelve credits:
|Food Security: Challenges and Contemporary Debate||3|
|Agriculture: Technology, Supply Chains, Sustainability||3|
|Nutrition Security: Assessment and Intervention Strategies||3|
|Food Policies and Their Planning Process||3|
For detailed course information, download the factsheet.
TuitionThe cost of the program per credit hour is $650. Additional technology fees apply.
To join our diploma you will need:
- An undergraduate degree (BS) in agriculture, nutrition, food sciences, economics or other social sciences, or other discipline as appropriate;
- Relevant work experience and/or academic background to the domain of food security; and
- English language proficiency.
Credit Transfer to Master’s Degree Program
You can transfer up to 12 credits (four courses) successfully completed under the Food Security Graduate Diploma towards AUB’s MS degree program in food security.