In honor of the graduating class of 2020, and due to the current pandemic, FAFS held an online virtual recognition event where they celebrating the graduates, as well as recognized the graduates who received an award during their final year at FAFS.
The event included videos displaying all the graduate students, speeches from Dean Mohtar and Associate Dean Olabi, as well as words of encouragement from former FAFS alumni such as FAFS EAB member and CEO of Boecker, Mr. Michel Bayoud.
Dean Mohtar addressing the attendees and graduates
Dr. Ammar Olabi welcoming the attendees and graduates
Keynote speaker and FAFS Alumni, Mr. Michel Bayyoud, CEO of Boecker giving his keynote speech.
The event had around 150 participants, which included family members, graduating students, faculty, staff and friends of the graduates.
The awardees received multiple awards. The full list of awardees is as below:
- Edgecombe Memorial Prize: Awarded to the outstanding student with B.Sc. in Agriculture awarded to Mr. Abdul Razzak Doughan
- Kashadurian Award: Awarded to an AREC student who has shown outstanding performance in farm skills and practices, and appreciate for farm life at AREC, awarded to Mr. George Rahal
- Kashadurian Award: Awarded to an AREC student who has shown outstanding performance in farm skills and practices, and appreciate for farm life at AREC, awarded to Mr. Youssef Beik Saade
- Joana Haidar Award: Awarded to an AREC student who is environmentally aware and interested in agricultural practices and development, awarded to Ms. Eliana Al Kharrat.
- Dean Nuhad Dagher FAFS Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a graduating student with a Master's Degree in poultry science or animal science with the highest average in his/her graduate studies at AUB, awarded to Mr. Walid Al Hakeem.
- Dean Thomas Sutherland Prize for Graduate Excellence: Awarded to a M.Sc. graduate with the thesis judged best overall for design, research, presentation, and contribution to its field, awarded to Mr. Abdallah Alhaj Sulaiman.
- Dean Thomas Sutherland Prize for Graduate Excellence: Awarded to a M.Sc. graduate with the thesis judged best overall for design, research, presentation, and contribution to its field, awarded to Ms. Sarah Karam.
- Dr. Musa Najib Nimah Endowed Award for Academic Excellence: Awarded to a graduating student at the undergraduate level from the Agriculture Program who has the highest cumulative GPA, awarded to Mr. Jad Kaj.
- The Nehme Moujaess Student Award in Landscape Architecture: Awarded to final year Landscape Architecture students whose final year project is selected by the LDEM Department as the most deserving, awarded to Ms. Nour El Zein.
- Abdul Hadi Debs Endowment Award for Academic Excellence: Awarded to students with outstanding academic record and have demonstrated their research capabilities through a manuscript, project, or thesis, awarded to Mr. Ibrahim Bahati.
- Penrose Award: Awarded to the outstanding undergraduate student made on the basis of scholarship, character, leadership, and contribution to the university life awarded to Ms. Nour Hammad.
- Dean Thomas Sutherland Prize for Undergraduate Excellence: Dean Thomas Sutherland Prize is awarded to the recipient of Penrose Award, awarded to Ms. Nour Hammad.
We are sad we could not celebrate in person, but FAFS is proud of all of our graduating students of 2020, and cannot wait to hear the rest of your achievements!
Watch the video of the awardees below.
See images of the event, here.
|Screenshot of a collage of the graduating students from LDEM |||
Graduate student collage
Students who accomplished major projects were recognized in the event as well
For the recognition event video, click here
To see the video of the Class of 2020 and Dean Mohtar's message click here
Write your message to FAFS graduates on the Class of 2020 kudos board, here