FAFS officially launched its Statistics Support Clinic July 1, 2021. The SSC offers statistical support and consulting service to all researchers at FAFS and AUB, with the goal of promoting a high standard of research through appropriate statistical data analysis. Services range from statistical advice to the development of new methodologies, including a range of statistical support services such as:
- Proposal development (design of experiments, data collection and sampling techniques, sample size calculations, data analyses plan, and other proposal-related issues),
- Data survey (forms development, checking survey results, monitoring data collection, and examining non-response bias, and other survey-related issues),
- Data analysis (data management, cleaning, coding, organizing, pilot testing, descriptive analyses, and other analysis-related issues),
- Model development (modelling and model selection, checking and verification, diagnostics and predictions, and other model-related issues),
- Manuscript/thesis preparation (tabulating and summarizing results, data and graphic representation, write up of statistical analyses, and other manuscript-related issues).
The aim of the SSC is to meet the needs of researchers by helping to keep their skills up to date and relevant, especially those who are non-statisticians or do not use statistics but want to understand the basics of statistics and data analysis for their jobs and in their personal lives. To this end, SSC offers practical PC-based workshops, tailored to and designed for researchers with a basic working knowledge of statistics and who may be required to conduct statistical analyses in their research. The training offers hands on activities in data analysis and interpretation in the context of medical and health-related studies using the statistical package R and/or SPSS.
To learn more about the FAFS SSC clinic, please click here.
Ms. Marwa El-Harakeh
Telephone: +961.1.350000 (ext. 4557)