AUB enrolled students who wish to apply for financial aid, whether for the first time or as previous applicants renewing their financial aid application, for the academic year 2020-2021, should fill the online application, then print a hard copy and submit it along with all required documents to the Financial Aid Office.
Previous applicants include: any enrolled students who have previously submitted a financial aid application, at least once, irrespective of whether they have been granted financial aid, previous recipients of the AUB Merit, Liberal Art, Advanced, Lebanese Baccalaureate, and specific restricted donors' scholarships, and Medical students.
The online application for AY 2020-21 will be available starting February 10, 2020 and the deadline to submit the hard copy and the required documents is May 29, 2020.
It is important to read and follow the instructions before and during filling your application.
Pay attention to any error message that pops during filling your application. If the error interrupts the filling of your application, immediately email the Financial Aid Office on email@example.com to get necessary help before the deadline. Missing information will render your application incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
Guidelines to a complete FAID Online Application
- After saving the online application and before clicking the Submit button, applicants should make sure to have a printed hard copy of the application.
- Once you submit your online application, it is very imperative that you enter it again to check that all information is correctly saved.
- Applicants must make sure to click the submit button or else the application will not be loaded on the financial aid system, even if printed and submitted as a hard copy.
- It is also preferable to do periodic checking of the data entered, however changes are possible only before the deadline date, after which you can access your application only for viewing. Changes are not allowed after the deadline.
- All paper documents that you submit must be recent. The required documents are listed within the application.
- Filling the application and preparing all the required documents may take around a week, please make sure to start as early as possible to fill your application and don't wait till the deadline.
Instructions for filling the online FAID application
- Access AUBsis as you usually would using your AUB net login
- Click on Student Schedule or Registration
- Choose Student Award and Financial Aid Tab
- Click on Apply for Student Aid
- Fill the application and, before submitting it online, make a printout of your completed online application.
- Click on Submit in order to have the online application loaded to the financial aid system.
- Submit the hard copy along with a passport-size photograph and all the required documents to the Financial Aid Office IN PERSON prior to the deadline. Applications with missing information and/or missing documents will be considered incomplete and hence will not be evaluated.
Kindly make sure to submit a COPY of the Ownership Certificate with your application and keep the original to yourself.
Financial Aid Office
American University of Beirut
West Hall, B-27
Tel: +961 1 350000 Ext: 3160/1